Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Not Me & My Kids Monday!

My two year old did not say, "The police got me! Yeah... the police got me." when we came inside the front door the other day. There was a police officer who had pulled someone a couple houses down, and I guess he thought they had finally come for him!! lol.

As we were racing dinosaurs across the coffee table (I know! Funny thing to be doing! lol. Boys.), my 2 yr old did not count "to the market", get set, GO! :) *smiles*! It still makes me smile and giggle just thinking about how he mixed the "this little piggy" ditty, with "on your mark, get set, go". heeheehee. Or maybe he just thinks mommy goes to the market so much, that he needed to add that in for me. Okay. Probably not. ha!

My four year old did not hide the church basketball league ball in the lockers on the gymnasium floor so nobody could find it. Nope! That would be just way too much fun. :) Like hide & seek. lol.




Oh, and my floor did not temporarily become a shade of "blush & bashful". heehee. Noooo, my 2 year old did not get ahold of my blush compact and shatter it to smithereens. Then spread it all over with his "ice-skates" (his socks, people, his socks!). Ohhh no. Not him!



And, my 9 month old darling daughter did not pull the nursing cover off of me when she heard someone passing by while we were sitting on a park bench in the freezing cold waiting for the shuttle to come pick us up from The North Pole Express Friday night!!! Aah! How embarrassing. She's gotten very curious about her surroundings lately, and pretty much nursing has become a gulp here, a conversation here, a gulp here, and another look around & quick chat... and on it goes. So now, feeding time is starting to take the 30-45 minutes it used to take when she was a newborn. ugh. But, we're weaning, slowly but surely, so I probably won't be too worried about this happening for much longer. :) She sucks down her bottle in like 2 minutes flat, so maybe I'll be in for a real treat in another month or so when feeding times are much less complicated. :)

And, honestly, outside of staying up way too late trying to get last minute presents finished, and the house cleaned, and then being woken up at all hours of the night from 2-5 am, then getting up with the kids again at 7- it's been a pretty uneventful week for me. I don't think I've had too many embarrassing moments to document. Amazingly. :)

I won't probably have many more blog posts between now & Christmas because we'll be travelling all day Tuesday, recovering Wednesday, downtown Chicago Thursday, and of course, celebrating Christmas Friday, and then we'll be doing family stuff for a few days, then travelling home on the following Tuesday. Don't you envy the 14 hr drive time +4 hrs of stopping time (18 hours total) that we get to do those two Tuesdays?? :) It'll be worth it to have a beautiful white Christmas celebrating with my family, though. I'm looking forward to it. Christmas with my fam is always, always, ALWAYS the best!! And I'll love being around them for an entire week. So y'all have a wonderful Christmas week. Be safe, if you're travelling.

Merry Christmas Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails