Since our church's nursery was getting an expansion,
and I got to be the one in charge of decor...
guess what I decided to do?!
Paint a tree mural. :)
And before y'all think I'm some superwoman
with artistic powers...
I'm not.
I used an overhead transparency! :)
Just printed out a huge picture of what I wanted
from something I found online on transparency film,
then drew the outline with pencil on the wall...
then went to town with the paint brushes.
This project took about 12 hours to paint,
but seeing the little ones on Sunday morning going over to the mural,
and LO-ving it!
That made it SOoooo worth it.
Our theme was "Grow in Grace"
& "Grow in Knowledge".
And we kinda managed to somehow
turn that into a tree/safari looking theme. haha.
So, I have no "before" photo of the room.
But it was... umm.. hideous.
(I hope the lady that painted it before me,
doesn't read that! lol)
My favorite two little animals were this owl,
My favorite two little animals were this owl,
And this monkey!
Next up in the nursery decor!
A growth chart with our theme verse,
"Grow in grace" & "Grow in knowledge".
Added to:











































11 comments:
It's GORGEOUS!!! You did an amazing job!
Aww...glad the kids loved it!! Way to go Mama...it looks very pretty.
You did a great job! My son's room is nursery themed and I never would have thought to try this. Good tip about the transparency!
That's so pretty! You did a great job!
Such a great job!! I'm sure the kiddos love it! (:
Great work!
Each little animal is so cute and I love the color choices!
What a great pay off!!
Such a cute mural! I'm featuring it in the PoPP SPOTLIGHT this weekend. Thanks for sharing with us.
So cute! And, hey, I know a number of muralists who use overhead projectors. So don't discount your talent!
Love that little owl, btw ;)
Would love you to stop by and link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.
I just love the monkey!! What a cute way to add some fun for the kids staying in the nursery. You should make up business cards :)
Hi!! I am your newest follower from the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!
I love your dauhters first bday party! I am thinking of doing those pom poms for my baby's shower:)
Thanks so much for linking up to Passion for Paint. Hope you'll join us again some weekend!
Post a Comment