Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Not My Kids Christmas edition

Ready for some Christmas blunders from the Harrigans? I am!! :) I love this particular blog post each week. And you can enjoy lots of people's posts by going here. At MckMama's blog. Go for it! Get your laugh on. And without further ado- -

I was explaining to the kiddos on Christmas Eve the events of Christmas morning, and my two year old did not say, "It's Christmas?!! I go to bed!! I go to bed!!" As he started running at top speed to the bedroom. :) (Normally, getting him to bed is a little less easy.)

Then, my four year old said, "Grammy. Can I have a drink?" Grammy:"What's the magic word?" Him: "I have a message from the Lord... there is no word!" Hahaha! (It was too funny not to laugh at, and if you've ever seen Jonah- Veggie Tales, you'd know where he got it from.)

On Christmas morning during the reading of the Christmas story, Wesley was inquisitive, and did not ask lots of questions about Jesus birth, like: "Is the angel that one up there? (referring to the nativity set)... I know!! The angel is kinda like Mary Poppins." upon us telling him not really, he said, "I know... I'm just using my imagination." (I think he really does believe Mary Poppins is an angel, because he was telling Uncle Gabe that last night- oh boy. We've got some 'splainin' to do. lol.)

As we were eating Christmas dinner, little Justin did not ask for "jolly" on his dinner roll. Haha! Strawberry jolly, at that. :) Yep... that would be strawberry jelly to the rest of us. But it was just so perfectly timed for Christmas, we called it that the rest of the meal. We do that sometimes- stick with the kid's re-invented words instead of the proper ones. It's more fun that way! heehee.

And, little Aliyah did not cut only her 1st tooth on Christmas Eve, but her 2nd tooth too!! Wow! She made us wait 9 1/2 months for a tooth, so I guess she just wanted to make sure that we knew she was indeed going to get teeth. She also began crawling on hands and knees this week! Uh-oh!! And pulling up within the last week or so, too. And she's super interested in walking. Nooooooo!! And we bought her a walker for Christmas, so that probably means she's going to learn to walk sooner. Hmmm... I wonder if we just hid the walker, if that would slow down the process. ?? Oh, who am I kidding. She's probably going to get it all down very quickly, and there's nothing I can do about it. boohoo. I want my baby to stay a baby.

Oh, and she also did not do something "unmentionable" right in her Uncle Gabe's face (at 9 months, she's not really able to understand that is a rather rude thing to do), and then roll  over and give her Auntie Cyndi a high five. Of course, the high five was coaxed, but still!! That was hilarious.

I did not find myself stressing out on Christmas day, and end up yelling at my hubby about how stressed the kids were making me. nope. not me. Not cool. Oops. Oh, well. Fessing up is good for the soul. So, there you have it. The "real" me. Not as funny as the rest of the family members, and kinda wishing it really was not me that did that. But, it's all good now. I received his forgiveness, and we carried on trying to not stress out on Christmas.

Then, my darling husband did not sit down for lunch leftovers Sunday after church, and try to cut his piece of ham. Instead, the plate of food went flying onto him and the rest of the room. Including a piece of macaroni flying into the air, and hitting the ceiling. He's way too smooth for that!

Little Justin did not start squishing people's faces between his hands, and demanding them to "Say Juice!" lol. Where did that come from??! It's really funny, except for when he gets ahold of your face with his fingernails, then it's not so funny.

Oh, and Uncle Eric (my sister's hubby) did not tell my 4 year old that his special stuffed dog, Spot, would probably be dead if his real dog, Toby, met him. Ummm... we try to avoid conversations that include such issues right now, thank you very much! lol. And, then, we heard from another room Uncle Eric introducing--- oops! I mean not introducing the concept of "Boys Only, No Girls Allowed!". Uh-oh. I can just see that being a fun thing to hear when Aliyah starts going into the boys' room in a few months. ;p

When Wesley was saying goodbye to Uncle Eric & Auntie Hannah for the night, he did not tell Eric after insisting on giving him a kiss, "you have spines on your face!" lol.

And, one of the cutest things this past week occurred while Wesley and I were sitting on the couch reading a book before his bedtime. Grampy was reclining across the room, and had fallen asleep. You know what tha means. Snoooo-ring! First, Wesley giggled, and whispered, "Mommy. Do you here that noise?" Then a few seconds later he started imitating the snoring. Cuu-ute! Then my dad woke up, and I told him that W had been imitating him... and Wes said, "I just needed to take a little rest." and began snoring. lol. Funny kid. I love him. And I love the rest of these funny family members in my life, too. We have fun, fun, fun together! :)

So, anything you'd like to fess up to that happened during Christmas week?

Blessings! -Sarah

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails