These cookies remind me of my sister Hannah. Every year when I came home from college at Christmas break, (and even after we were married and she was still living at home) she'd have at least a batch of these in the kitchen. But they didn't last long enough! :) They were usually gone within the day they were made. ha! So, I decided it was time to make some for our neighbor/teacher plates. They are one of my favorite cookies. And I thought the kiddos would love putting their thumbprint in them! lol. You definitely want to double recipe. Always. Unless there's just one or two of you, then a dozen of these might be ok. ;)
Yep... you can drool now! haha.
Sitting Pretty Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1 egg, seperated
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 can vanilla frosting
1 bag of peanut/almond M&Ms
1 pkg coconut
Directions:
1) Blend butter & sugar.
2) Stir in egg yolk & vanilla.
3) Sift flour & salt in bowl. Mix.
4) Chill for an hour (optional).
5) Roll into 1" balls.
6) Dip into slightly beaten egg whites.
7) Roll in coconut.
8) Press thumb in 5 min before or after cooking.
9) Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min/ press thumb in & then Bake 5 min. 10 minute bake time total.
10) Cool. Frost. Put M&M on top.
And in case you have a neeeeeed for pictures of me & the kiddos making them (ahem... grandmas- lol!), here's a few:
Stirring in the yummy butter and sugar.
What all good things are made of! :)
Stick your thumbs out... like this! See?! lol.
And smoosh!
And smoosh some more!
See how pretty the thumbprints are when they're done baking?
By the way, those are the most perfect thumbprints- EVER!
Just a little biased here, though. heehee!
And one of me... since I don't normally make it in these baking pics, and my hubby was home for lunch while I was finishing it up. And since I normally am the "elf" behind all the actual cooking. Yay for me in a picture. I am not erasing myself out of history- even without makeup & hair. ha!
And that, my friends, deserves a big "Thumbs Up"!
These are the yummiest cookies!! Enjoy!
Blessings- Sarah































No comments:
Post a Comment