Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sleep is not overrated. And neither is hot chocolate!

We've been told by our pediatrician that our 2 year old son has a sleeping disorder. He has had a tough time falling asleep since we moved from New Mexico last year to Texas. He normally doesn't fall asleep until 10 sometimes 11 pm! I mean, I know I'm a night-owl, but even I am tired by 11. Poor lil' guy. So, she suggested that we give him Melatonin. Weird, right?! I remember studying about melatonin being what your body produces while your body sleeps. However, I hadn't realized that you could take melatonin in a pill.

So we tried it last night. Granted, we have had a lot of late nights lately, since my hubby is a pastor, and that means lots of late night Christmas parties/church fellowships and of course the obligatory Sunday and Wednesday evening late night after church thing. :)

But we tried it. And it worked. He fell asleep 30-40 minutes after I gave it to him!! That's such an improvement.

Here's how we gave it to him... incognito- haha.


Ever heard of "Hot. Hot. Hot! Hot Chocolate!"?

Polar Express movie reference there for you non-kid movie watching peeps.



He looks a little worried. lol.



But I guess it ended up being all good.

He got hot! hot! hot! Hot Chocolate!

And we got a little boy who went to sleep faster than usual.



And not to be left out...
Although we did leave him out of the Melatonin part.
Ha!



I'm sorry. I just love pictures of my children!
Hope you do too, or you just might be in the wrong place! lol.

Blessings! -Sarah

3 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

CUTE! Where'd you get the little coffee cups? I need to order some for the boys hot cuckoo coffee in the mornings.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Good 'ole Wally World! I need to go back & get a few more before they're gone.

Lady D said...

Must of missed this cute one with THE cups...got ya some!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails