Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I stand convicted.

It was during our MOPS group speaker's talk on fitness, and body image, and such this past Wednesday. It stuck out at me like a sore thumb. I heard it. Then it sank in. I've heard that verse a million times!! Why hasn't it come to my mind in the last year, when I probably transgressed it over, and over again?

I'm not big on taking verses out of context. However, I am pretty sure that the Holy Spirit spoke to me through the "fitness talk" about an entirely different subject.

That face is way cuter than mine when I'm...
Murmuring and Complaining.

And since I know for a fact that I've actually posted a few complaints, in the "disguise" of sarcasm and trying to poke fun at life's circumstances here on my blog a few times, I figured I'd better just open it up, and be real with y'all.

I needed to hear this verse... right here:
Phillipians 2:14-15
"Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

Or maybe it was this verse... now I wish I'd written it down. I can't remember which one she mentioned, and which one came to my mind as she was speaking. I think she mentioned the Ephesians passage, and it brought to mind the former verse.
Ephesians 5:20
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"

I added the italics... for you see, that is what got to my heart. I have not been giving thanks for all things. I have been murmuring (complaining) about some things. And, I know I shouldn't. I am a child of God, and a light in this world. So, I need to give thanks for those things which make me want to complain. To bring glory to Him. Even when those things aren't bringing gratification to my life at that moment. Even then. Give thanks. Don't murmur.

To be humble and grateful. That's not something that comes completely naturally to me.

So, once again, I am trying to align myself with God's way, and not my way. This is not to say that I will never slip up, and complain. In fact, I will publicly apologize to my husband and my mom... because I know that I complain to them. And I know that I will probably slip up with them, if noone else. I hope that I won't. But I also know I am not perfect. I'm just a work in progress.

This face, at this age...
Not as cute!

So, if you made it this far in the post, thank you for reading. I threw in the pics of the kiddos to lighten it up a little. But, I hope it will somehow encourage someone else. If not, it is here for my record of something that the Lord has been working in my heart about lately.


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails