Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe Share: My very first Linky Party!! Join us.

(Scroll to the bottom of this post for the link-up)
Don't you love trying out a new recipe?
I do!

For several years, I have wanted to gather
my friends & family
 and share recipes together.

Initially, I thought of maybe trying a Yahoo group.
Then, I just started doing a regular recipe share
 on my blog a few months back on Thursdays.

Recently though, I started thinking
 about how I've seen other blogging friends using
 Mr. MckLinky to link up with others doing similar things,
 like crafts or refurbishing or building for that week
 (you get the idea).
And that's why I am now,

finally,

 getting to do this recipe party!!

 I'm so excited about it! Aren't you?!?
 I hope to do it every week if it is successful.
 So, please feel free to join me in posting a recipe,
 and linking it here.

Mr. MckLinky will be open from 10 pm Wednesday night,
to 10 pm Friday night. Hopefully that gives everyone
enough time to link up.

You can post your recipe on your blog anytime
the week before.
Just post it here during those specific times.
__________________________________________
And, now for my recipe share:

I figure since this is a "Special Edition"
of the Recipe Share post,
I'd share one of my family's favorite
standby dinners.

Start with some yummy sauce...
Poured over some chicken and broccolli... and add a little cheesy goodness.
A tip I discovered via Taste of Home Cooking School...
Crush the crackers in the sleeve with a rolling pin.
This is a great thing to let your littles do. :)
Butter 'em up. (Oh, yes... butter makes everything better.)
And you'll end up with this!
Chicken Divan!

Chicken Divan

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cooked, seasoned & cut into small pieces
16 oz. frozen broccolli florets, thawed
1 pkg. shredded cheddar
1 stick of butter
1-1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
(you can sub pkg of croutons, or buttered bread crumbs)
Sauce:
1 can cream of mushroom (or chicken)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaisse
Seasonings for Sauce: to taste-
Garlic
Nature's Seasoning (or salt & pepper)
Paprika
Curry Powder

Directions:
1. Place chicken in a 12x9 pan (slightly smaller than 13x9).
2. Layer the broccolli florets over top the chicken.
3. Mix ingredients for sauce (sour cream, mayonaisse, & cream of soup with the seasonings).
4. Pour sauce over broccolli.
5. Sprinkle cheese over sauce.
6. Melt butter, and toss crushed crackers into the butter. (The crackers taste the best, but the other substitutions are also good).
7. Sprinkle buttered crackers over top.
8. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until heated through.

Enjoy!



In case you don't know how to do Mr. MckLinky...
After you have "published" your Recipe Share post to your blog, stop by this blog and put your name and the permalink to your recipe post into the Mr. Linky's sign up box.


What is a permalink? A permalink is the direct link to your post, as opposed to your general blog address. If someone visits Harrigan Howdy days later and clicks on your link, they will be taken directly to your recipe post instead of having to search through your most recent posts to find it.

To get your permalink: click on the title of your Recipe Share post, then right click on the URL address showing in the address field at the top. Then paste this link into Mr. Linky which will be available here. Click on "Enter" and you are all done! You will see your permalink posted. :-)

Coming Soon: a Recipe Share logo to add to your recipe share post to let others know you participate in Recipe Share Thursday. Your followers just might start sharing their own recipes! How fun. Happy cooking.


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails