Since we took a good, long break from preschool time
(umm... since last Thanksgiving- ha!),
I decided to start back at it mid-February.
We're just reviewing the letters right now.
Still trying to recognize them all,
and learn each sound associated with them,
and write them.
It's going great!
Today, we did a little hands-on project,
and I thought I'd post it...
since I do want to start documenting better.
A is for Ant (or apple, or alligator, or whatever).
So, we borrowed an idea I found at ABC and 123.
Hands on is good.
Keeps him busy.
And I adore how his little hands write. :)
Or for that matter, fingerpaint. lol.
A is for Ant.
(The A is an anthill, and the ants are climbing it.)
Oh, and yesterday, we took a suggestion
from my sister Hannah,
who happens to be a reading specialist.
Wow! I lucked out on that one, eh?! lol.
He cut things out that started with the sound the
short a makes. (avocado, arrow (?), apples).
We usually do some story reading,
but on days when I'm dealing with the two toddlers,
I use Story Online.
This was a suggestion from a friend,
and we LOVE it! You've gotta try it.
And we also go over the Alphabet every day...
Sometimes we do it this way:
Pointers are great, by the way. A fun way to learn for kiddos.
Sometimes we go over the alphabet by using the internet,
like this one from FisherPrice.
There is so much out there on the internet.
It's almost overwhelming.
I try to keep it simple, and fun.
And I'm open to new suggestions.
In fact, that's where I get most of what we do...
from veteran Homeschooling moms who've done it,
and are willing to share what worked.




































3 comments:
thanks for sharing please share more on how it is going- it encourages me to work with my kids
The beginnings of an exciting journey with lots of memories. I love it that he's learning his abc's!Remember I'm a zizzer zazzer zuz as you can plainly see???
Jamee- so glad it's encouraging somebody else. I will definitely post more! :)
Mom- I do indeed remember zizzer-zazzer-zuz... too bad I couldn't find that tape for Wesley! lol. He'd love it. :)
-Sarah
Post a Comment