I stumbled on this amazing yarn spherical lampshade tutorial this week!
You can find the tutorial at Pickles.
I don't know exactly where I want one of these,
But I want to make one!! :)
_________________________________________________
As I was perusing my Better Homes & Gardens magazine,
As I was perusing my Better Homes & Gardens magazine,
and came across this website.
You can design & print your own fabric!!
Happy fabrics!!
It's a little more pricey, but can you imagine getting
exactly what you want for your home decor?
Or there are so many amazing fabric designers
on the site you can order from, too.
I cannot wait to try this out!!
I love creating. . . but making my own fabric?
That makes me feel like I could be Sandi Henderson,
or Amy Butler or something grand like that!
Awesomeness!!
________________________________________________
On a little less grand scale... but still one of my faves.
The song "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" has been in my head!!
I think God is putting it there to encourage me.
Maybe it'll bless you too:
Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?Why should my heart feel lonely,
And long for heaven and home?
When Jesus is my portion,
A constant friend is He.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy!
I sing because I'm free!
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
































6 comments:
I found a tutorial for Christmas Ornaments that are very similar to your lampshade on some Martha Stewart site. :-) I'm "planning" to make them for our tree next year... we'll see if that happens. I think your shade looks really cool!!
I have a funny story about that hymn. :-) My bro and I were driving along one day listening to some Southern Gospel group sing that song. Just as they started singing the sparrow part this little bird darted out in front of the car and we hit it! Ironic. :-) But that song always makes me smile now.
Hi there! Just visiting from THE GIRL CREATIVE! Nice blog! :) Come visit mine for sewing stuff!
Thanks for the delightful links! I hopped over from New Friend Friday and am so happy that I did! Hope to see you back at my place sometime soon when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope that you will do the same. Happy Weekend!
I love your poem and the craft!
I am a mom too and we have a happy family!
You have a beautiful family! Congrats!
I am following your blog now, come follow mine :)
Gros bisous
Frenchy
Thanks for coming by 504 Main. I am a new follower here too!
I WANT to make one of those lampshade too...AWESOME. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I checked out spoonflower a couple weeks ago and am just trying to figure out what project to do with it.
Very creative poost
Post a Comment