Friday, August 28, 2009
Belonging
Wesley has been throwing around the word "belong" a lot lately. The other night, a young man from our church came over to play a late night game of Settlers of Caton. When Wesley saw him, he said, "Toby! What are you doing here? You don't belong here!! This isn't your house!" lol ~We also heard it again tonight as we decided to try a new tactic to bedtime. We have been trying to get Justin to go to sleep first because he was having such a hard time going to sleep since we moved, and the boys began sharing a room. By the way, that's not working so well- he still doesn't fall asleep until 10:30- 11:00 pm each night! Suggestions are welcome. :) Anyways, we decided to have Wesley start his night off going to sleep in our bed, until JJ fell asleep, and then we would move him. When we told him that he was going to sleep in our bed, he said, "But, I don't belong there!" We asked him where he did belong, and he replied, "I belong in there, with JJ!" haha! At least he knows where he belongs! Sometimes I don't feel like I belong anywhere, and would love that sense of "belonging". A song from a sitcom has been my theme song lately- "Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name; and they're always glad you came...". :) I can't wait until I have that sense of belonging again. Until then, I'll just be happy that my son knows where he belongs, and is secure in where everyone else belongs too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































1 comment:
This is cute. I long for that sense of "belonging" too. :-) Hope it comes for you soon! I've been struggling with the boys sharing a room as well. Myles goes to bed easily, but Qade LOVES to wake him up and start a party. I either put Qade to bed first (way too early for his liking) and then Myles goes down once he's asleep, or I'll let him stay up an hour past when Myles goes down and rock rock rock him till he's really sleepy before putting him in his bed. Hope it all evens out for you very soon!
Post a Comment