I think it is fitting that my 1st real post begins with something about mothering, since that is the stage of life I find myself in right now.
Mothering has come very natural to me, and I have enjoyed it immensely. There have been times when I become frustrated, or regret a cross word that comes out of my mouth. Overall, though, it's been such a joy to have the experience of being a mother.
Some of my favorite things as a mother:
-hearing little pitter pattering feet coming across the floor in the morning to come snuggle in bed;
-sweet little baby smiles, and coos that could melt the hardest of hearts;
-watching my children grow & learn, and become more independent and well-rounded.
-reading books and seeing their imagination develop through the written word.
One of the great things about being a mom is that my mother has become like a bestfriend/mentor to me. She has helped me so much understand each little stage that the kids go through. If one of them seem to be going through something difficult, she's able to help me approach it with a new outlook. I love being a mother, and a daughter at the same time. I know that throughout my life, I will always be thankful for my mother's love. I hope that someday my children will also look to me for advice, and have as sweet of a relationship as I do with her.































2 comments:
Awwww, I agree! I LOVE being a mommy, even in the tough stages!
It is such an awesome thing to be a mother and watch as your own daughter become a mom! Loving those grandbabies is about the best thing ever in life however to be called a best friend of your adult daughter is right up there with the grandbabies in my book:) Love ya forever sweetie.
Post a Comment