Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Popo's Birthday

There has been a shadow over the day, not making us too sad or bittersweet, yet a knowledge that someone is missing in our lives. Today is Popo's birthday. I miss him! There were so many wonderful years that me and my siblings spent every Friday night out on the front porch playing games with him and Momo and Mom. I think my favorite memory of Popo is from when I was a little child. I used to climb up on his lap and rub his stubble or clean-shaven face. I used to comment on it being rough, or being soft. :) I think it was amusing to him. For quite a few years, I would still do that occasionally out of affection. I'm so happy that I can say he met my boys. And, It also brings joy to my heart to know that I will see him one day again in heaven, since he also knew Jesus as his Savior. Happy Birthday, Popo.

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails