Potato Soup:
~5-8 potatoes, peeled, cut into very small cubes/pieces
~Water, to cover potatoes
~2-3 Tbsp. minced, dried onions (or fresh if you prefer, my fam likes them "hidden")
~1 can evaporated milk
~1 large smoked sausage, like Polish Sausage, or kielbasa etc...- cut into very small cubes/pieces
~2-3 cups shredded cheddar or Velveeta
~Tony Chachere's seasoned salt & Nature's Seasoning (if you can't find Tony's then use Lawry's with a few pinches of cayenne pepper)
Directions:
1. In a large stockpot/ dutch oven, put potatoes and dried onions. Add only enough water to pot to cover potatoes. Bring to boil, then simmer until the potatoes are soft & mushy.
2. Add evaporated milk, cheese, seasonings (to taste- be careful with it- it's easy to overdo it with Tony's and Nature's). Bring back to a boil, let simmer for a few minutes. Finally add sausage at the end once the soup is a little thick. The soup should turn thick because of the potatoes "mushing". In case it doesn't, you can always add a little roux/ thickener- 1 Tbsp of flour whisked into 1/3 c. cold milk- add and it should thicken. It usually thickens a little after cooking, too.
3. I will occasionally substitute the sausage for topping it with crumbled bacon pieces, and chives.
A few prep pics, forgot the finished product pic since we were chowing down on it! :)
Gotta watch out for the cajun seasonings- it's spic-ay!
Can I just say- I love my Pampered Chef Santoku knife sooo much!
...ooh! and I heart my Wolfgang puck pots and pans too. :)
Blessings! -Sarah































2 comments:
I just made a big pot of potato soup last week. Yummm!!! Yumm!! Have you ever tried boiling the potatoes in chicken broth? I think it gives it a better flavor than just water. You should try it sometime.
Yum! I'll have to try that... thanks, Em! :) Also, Nan said to try frying the sausage in a pan with a little butter 1st, and it gives them really good flavor. I'm trying both things next time. I think it'll be even better.
Post a Comment