Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Granola: Recipe Share

Today's Thursday!! Already. Time flies when you're having fun, or maybe it flies when you're hobbling around on crutches. Due to this fact, I will not be able to put pics of this awesome recipe up today. Once I'm back on my feet, I'll make some more, and add pics. :)

You might as well make a big batch of this, because it'll get eaten really quick. I use a big cereal storage container for mine when I make it. You can also adapt this recipe to your liking. I like mine with almonds, dried cranberries and cherries. You might like yours with pecans, dried banana chips, and raisins; or maybe something else. Try different combos. It's fun!! Just stick with the basic recipe, and then add away. Also, I've noticed it is better after "resting" for a day, the flavors all combine by that time.

Ingredients

8 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
1 bag each dried cherries & cranberries

Microwave in bowl for 1 minute:
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. honey
1/3 c. dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp. almond flavoring

Instructions
1. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir well.
2. Spread on 2 cookie sheets & bake @ 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Cool, and put in airtight container.

Blessings! -Sarah

3 comments:

Emily said...

This is almost the same recipe for granola I make almost every week. Sometimes I melt peanut butter with the oil to make it pb granola. And yes it def. does go very fast around here. I made some on Tuesday and it is already gone. LOL The kids love it. I never thought to add banana chips though, that is a great idea.

Emily

Rachel said...

Sounds nummifull!! However I still haven't got the scoop on why you are on crutches. Is that saved for a a separate post?? :-)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I hadn't said exactly. :) I am planning to blog it... but suffice it to say I fell and hurt myself pretty good Sunday right before we were leaving Mexico. I have a knack. for being clutzy. at the most inopportune times. lol

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails