Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Me Monday: "Confessions of a Drama Queen"

It's Monday?! Already?! I think I've been saying that about everything lately. :) So what did I "not" do lately. . . aaahhh. . . Have I got a doozy of a "not me" to tell you!


But 1st, to make this post make more sense... did you guess that I went to Mexico last week on this post ? Yep! That's where I was! Isla Mujeres, just off of Cancun to be specific. It was so awesome. I highly recommend it. The resort we stayed at was so amazing, too.

I did not leave my hubby, and two boys behind for 5 days. That was too long to leave my precious babies. After all, the 1st time to ever leave my boys overnight- I wouldn't actually leave for 5 days! I did not think of them all the time while I was there! (What kind of mom would I have been if I didn't? lol) Oh, but truly, I did not sit on the beach and lay by the pool and snorkel along the reef in the Gulf/Carribean and enjoy not doing dishes, preparing meals, folding laundry, breaking up the little scuffles, etc... Why would I miss that stuff? Right?! Well, ok, that may be every "desperate" housewife/ stay-at-home-mom's dream come true!!! LOL So, yeah. Pretty much- I had a great time not doing these things.

But here comes the "doozy". I did not accidentally come away from our trip to Isla Mujeres with the title "Drama Queen". Me?! A Drama Queen? Never! I would not cause the biggest ruckus of anyone in our party by ending our time on the island with a "bang". Of course, the big bang was not really my fault in particular. (By the way, we were not minutes from hopping on the golf cart, and going to the dock to catch the ferry, which would then take us to the airport to go home.)

Well, on the way to the balcony of the resort we were staying at, I was walking through the door. The door frame was raised so you had to take a huge step out and over to get onto the balcony. It was a stormy, gusty day, but hadn't rained yet.  As I stepped through the door, a gust of wind did not pull the very heavy door onto my left foot. I wish I could say that it did not hurt my foot, leg and knee. But alas, that would be why I claimed the title of "drama queen". I did not see the view from the balcony. . . for a split-second. . . as I was falling mid-air through the door frame. ha! Weirdness. So, after a Mexican doctor stitched my lacerations up, and made sure I could bear a little (tiny) bit of weight on the hurt foot, he released me to travel. I'm glad that I did not take the meds he gave me- since my trip to the ER confirmed my suspicions that they were not the right meds to take. And, of course, my mom, dad, myself, and my baby did not have to rearrange our flights, taxis, and so much more to get ourselves home that day. ;p One +plus+ to the situation- we got through security lines very quickly because I was in a wheelchair, and the baby was in the stroller. lol Keepin' it positive- that's me! NOT!! haha. Of course, I'm not hobbling about on crutches and trying to not go crazy from the imposed elevation and wrapping of the foot. (OH, my foot was sprained, bruised, and cut pretty deeply in several places. I also bruised my leg, and I'm not sure what's up with my right knee, but it's definitely hurt, aaaand my head- yep, hurt it too. D'oh!)




I also did not keep my cell phone off for an entire week after our vacation. It was so nice to have the little break away from reality, I figured that checking out from phone calls might extend it. Umm, so if you tried to call me this last week- sorry! I wouldn't try to avoid you. REALLY! ;) So, I guess, now I have to turn it back on. Back to reality. Sort of... my mom's still here cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids for a few more days. So, it's not that bad just yet.

Well, that's my story about how I "did not" get hurt on my trip to paradise, and claim the title of Drama Queen! If nothing else, I was making memories. :)

The idea for posting "Not Me Monday" posts came from a great blogger, MckMama! So fun!




Enjoy! -Sarah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your post! Happy Monday!

Emily said...

Ok so you so totally made me jealous about the trip you had. But I am sorry about your accident. But hey at least it was at the end of your trip. LOL Anyway hope you have a good week. By the way I like your new haircut. I have been thinking about getting mine cut....again. LOL

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

go get it cut, Em! it'll look cute. if you do... you need to send a pic, b/c I will want to see it. :)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

oh, but I use a straightener on mine, in case you were thinking of the same style. it looks cute curly too, though! (didn't know if you had a straightener or not??)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails