Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I find that once October hits, I start baking like crazy. It's like a little switch flips on or something. I really have no desire to eat all of these homemade goodies I'm making- I just really feel like baking. It's sorta "in the air". So, today we decided to make an Apple Crumb Pie. Recipe to follow. :) I had to take pics of us making/ and baking it, it was just so fun!



Does that last picture make you hungry, or what?!!

Here's the recipe in case you'd like to try it. If you do, let me know what you think. :)

Apple Crumb Pie
1 pie crust, not baked
5-7 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp/Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (no that's not a typo)
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter (pleeease don't use margarine, please?!)

1. Mix 1/2 cup sugar & cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
2. Arrange apples in pie shell. Usually mounds up above the pie plate, don't worry, they'll shrink.
3. Mix 1/2 cup sugar with the flour. Cut in the butter until crumbles. Sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake @ 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until done. Let cool for an hour. Enjoy!

Hope you really enjoy baking an apple pie sometime soon! I think I might make this a regular thing once a week for a while- share a recipe. :) Let me know if you have a fave recipe you want me to try, and if I really, really like it, I'll pass it on, too.

Blessings! -Sarah

7 comments:

LaurieJo said...

Great pictures! That looked like a ton of work, Sarah! With three kids buzzing around? You're nuts, but it looks delish!

Emily said...

I totally understand about the baking thing. LOL Yesterday I baked some pumpkin muffins.....yum yum!!! Looks like you had fun with your little helpers. Love the last pic with the fall plates, so cute. And I think it is a great idea about the recipe thing!!

Love,
Emily

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Thanks... that last pic is making me drool right now. :) I love my fall plates so much, I use them year round. lol Oh, and Em, weren't we talking about doing a recipe exchange a few years ago? Well, I'm finally getting around to sharing mine. :) You've gotta share yours now, too. And, yes, LJ- it's a bit of insanity around here pretty much most of the time. Fun stuff! ha! :)

Lady D said...

Made two of these already this fall...apples came from orchard in Minnesota from Joel's hometown! The pies were gobbled up!! One I baked for Cyndi and Gabe and the other for Hannah and Eric. Miss the Tanner apples and cider donuts but the pies still taste yummy..yeah?

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Yeah, I miss going to Tanner's too. That was such a fun tradition we had when we were kids. I still remember teaching Angie how to make apple pie. :) Good memories.

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

Oooh I so want to make this!! Are those plates from Walmart? I saw some like those there. Love em!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Yes, I got them like 6 or 7 years ago!! But I noticed they brought back the dessert plates this year @ Wally World. :) Wish they had brought the dinner plates back, too. I need some more.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails