I told you I was dramatic! Today is the day I'm pulling out the big tubs of clothes, and switching out spring/summer clothes for fall/winter clothes. It's time. It's begun to be too cold to wear short sleeves and shorts; swimsuits and sundresses; big-brimmed sunhats and sandals. Our weather is still transitioning, and I'm sure we'll still have many Indian Summer days ahead (I sure hope so!). However, the kids really need some pants to wear. So the Huge Task of dealing with all the clothes begins.
As I started thinking about this last night while folding two huge baskets of all their clothes, a tear came to my eyes! I realized that since we only want to have one more little one, I will be putting away for.ev.er. baby girl or baby boy summer clothes- never to be seen again by my children. Okay, I'm being so sentimental. But- I'm getting choked up a little right now as I write this! I'll never get to see those clothes again! Never. Only one more baby. Why is this bothering me. ?? I can't handle much more crazy people than 4. Right now, make that 3. In a few years- - I'll be ready for #4. Not right now. So what is all this weepiness over. ?? I don't really know. Probably just that my babies are growing up, and I don't want to let go of that sweet innocence just yet.
Goodbye sweet little baby girl and baby boy clothes. I've loved every moment that you have clothed and cuddled next to my children. I picked you out to be the perfect little outfits for those precious little babies of mine. I'm going to miss you. Adios!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































2 comments:
Awww, this made me sentimental too. :-) It is hard to think about the day you won't have a wailing infant in your house. But I tell people that each new stage is more fun than the last. I'm sure there are things I will always miss, but I think that I'll probably never want to go backwards, ya know?? Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it does help me. :-)
Yes, you're right about the new stages being even better than the last. :) That's for sure! Thanks for the reminder. Just having one of those "mommy moments", heehee.
Post a Comment