Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I hate carpet, but sure am glad for it... and other such blunders!

Today was a day that I looked forward to yesterday. Man! I just confused myself- ya with me so far?! Lol. So, we were planning to take the kiddos over to Dallas for the State Fair- they do it for a whole month here- a lot longer than they did in Las Cruces. We awoke to an 80% chance of rain, and yep- it was raining outside. Yuck! So that ended our anticipated plans. Needless to say, I have had one of those days today.

On a side note, How many rainy days is considered a lot? Everybody here in Greenville thinks we're going through a drought, but all it's done since we lived here is RAIN!!

Back to today... we took the kiddos over to Pre-K at the Library as an alternative fun thing to do. They love it, and it gives us/me a "break". Sorta. Not really. But I like to imagine it does. :) When the teacher started introducing what day it was, she was telling the kids that today's name started with a T. Well, my sensors went up- 'No way! She is telling the kids the wrong day! Why would she get the day wrong??! She's a teacher for Pete's sake.' So, I just about started telling her that 'NO! Today is Wednesday NOT Tuesday!'. Then, I had this split-second thought- 'Oh! wait! I don't know what the day is, the date is, the month, the year, my kid's names, my name, where I live, my phone number... (you get the point- I'm a scarecrow!) most of the time; so maybe? just maybe, she IS right?!' Whoo! I'm glad I kept my mouth shut. Sure enough, today IS Tuesday! LOL Did you know that? *giggle* I think the other parents may have kicked me outta the library if I had proceeded with the original plan of action. Haha!

Ok, so you might be asking me what my entry title has to do with today so far- well, I'm getting to it. :) This afternoon our darlings were all hanging out in the general vicinity of my lap, and my littlest darling is just learning to crawl, and becoming quite mobile. I had my hand on her, but had allowed her to lay down on the footrest of the couch in front of me. Poor dear darling- she slipped off the footrest, and landed right smack dab on her head! Oh, my... it was like her world (and mine, too) just about ended. She cried so hard, and looked at me like- Mommy, why would you let such a thing happen to me? I wanted to cry too. Alas, she has taken her first fall. :( I'm sad I wasn't able to catch her, but I guess it happens to every baby at some time or another. And...

wait for it...

I hate carpet, but sure am glad for it today. Haha! (there, I worked in my title) Don't you hate carpet too? I have had minimal carpeting for years until we moved a year ago. It just absorbs so much dirt, and stains, and gross! Not what I want my kids playing on, but guess I'm glad that Aliyah fell on carpeting and not wood or tile floor. :)

Wesley says Don't forget the "W" (for Wesley), so I'm putting a W on here for him! :) Ok, I must go find my JJ's golf ball.

Blessings! -Sarah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think being dropped on your head is a right of passage. Everybody gets dropped on their head at some point. It also provides justification if your kid doesn't act right in public.

"I'm sorry about the outburst. My daughter was dropped on her head." See how that works. : )
Mike H

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Thank you for your enlightening wisdom dearest. :) Love you!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

I agree with Michael. I mean, he was dropped on his head as a baby, and that's perfectly justifiable granted how he acts now. ;)

I dropped Ayden when he was just weeks old. I was feeding him in the wee hours of the morning and I fell asleep. So don't feel bad. Their more rubbery when they're small anyway. :)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

haha! yeah... that must be it!! he was dropped on his head when he was little. LOL

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails