Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recipe Share: Coconut, Orange, and Chocolate Macaroons

Today I'm trying a new recipe. I sure hope it turns out good, 'cuz I'm taking it with me to MOPS Night Out. :) I found it on a blog that I read occasionally, and it looked so yummy, but I knew I didn't want to make it just so me and my hubby could consume a ton of calories. This way, I can share and make a few other girls happy... and try one or two, and not eat entire plate all by myself. agh! yes, I do that sometimes when something is soooo good! lol. I'm also going to try dipping half of them in chocolate.











Here's the recipe:

Macaroons with Chocolate and Orange

-2 cups sweetened coconut (7oz)
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/4 flour
-1 t. minced orange peel
-1/8 t. salt
-2 egg white
-2 T. unsalted butter melted
-1/4 t. almond extract
-3 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped (I used about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chips, but Im sure what the recipe calls for is better)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
  2. Whisk together coconut, sugar, flour, zest and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Stir in egg whites, butter and almond extract. (I stirred this together seperately first to make sure the ingredients came together nicely).
  4. Fold in chopped chocolate.
  5. Drop tablespoon sized balls onto baking sheet - cook one tray at the time.
  6. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing.

Optional: Dip in chocolate, or drizzle with chocolate, and place on parchment paper to let cool.

ETA: So, I'm in the baking stage right now... and it smelled absolutely divine with the fresh grated orange zest, and almond extract, (I added a little more because I'm an almond extract freak). I tried a little as I was putting it onto the cooking sheet. Umm.. I know there was raw egg whites, and that's probably not "couth", but I'm risking it! It was out of this world good, already!

ETA: I think that the MOPS gals are going to go nuts over these tonight. ?? We'll see. :)

Enjoy!!

Blessings! -Sarah

1 comment:

Lady D said...

Can I have some too? Sound really yummmy!!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails