Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Thankful for...

Oh, have mercy! I'm playing catch-up again today. :) I stayed out too late at MOPS's Girl's Night Out- ha! And it was a great time. And they liked the macaroons. And the movie didn't work b/c it was Blu-Ray disc, so we got sit around and gab more!! Woohoo! I was secretly glad the movie didn't work, can you tell? lol.

On to the gratitude and counting of my blessings.

Thursday, November 21, 2009:

  1. I'm thankful for Girl's Night Out! I really, really needed a break away from the homefront. It was nice to get to know some of the girls in my MOPS group since this is my first year. We played a couple games... I'm not sure which was more fun. The icebreaker game- and finding out way TMI- wowsers; or Guesstures- which had us cracking up for an hour or so at some of the gestures- especially the body part ones. Haha! Oh, and I knew they'd like the macaroons- a couple gals even asked for the recipe. Yay.
  2. I'm thankful for the handful of blogs that I read. I've been getting super ideas, and even feel a little uplifted by some of them. I've found new recipes to try, new crafts for me and the kiddos, and spiritual encouragement, too. I'm really glad I started blogging a few months ago. It's been good to get my words out. And now, being encouraged to be more active in my home by other blogging friends.
  3. I'm thankful that my hubby didn't mind staying home with the kids tonight. I know that probably wasn't exactly how he wanted to spend his night. And he gave them a bath, too! Woohoo.
Friday, November 20:
  1. I'm thankful for the sunny couple of weeks of weather we've had. It makes todays rainy, gloominess not so bad! (Remember- I'm the sunshine girl. :)
  2. I'm thankful for the wonderfully, yummy Thanksgiving dinner at the church's school today. It was delish. And I found a new favorite recipe for Thanksgiving- - Green Chile Creamed Corn. I always like to try a new recipe, and this will definitely be a nice addition- Thanks to Tina!
  3. I'm thankful my 2 1/2 year old is finally starting to recognize when he has to go *ahem* "potty". I won't gross you out with the details. Just know that potty training will probably be ensuing sometime soon with him, and so I'll probably mention it occasionally here on my mommy blog!
I'm not sure how many more blog posts I will be putting up between now and Thanksgiving weekend. I will continue to try... but no promises. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! Blessings to you and yours.

Blessings! -Sarah

1 comment:

Lady D said...

I am happy for you;)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails