Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Not My Kids Monday, and a few Not Me's too.

It was a full week last week, and I know I missed some fun stuff that happened around here. (Meaning, I didn't write it down. whoops!) However, I do recall a few... so for the record:

My 4 year old son did not come home from church Sunday, having learned a new song, and sang, "I can swing, I can swing, on steeples!" Lol. Oh, my, word! The song actually says, "God gives wings, God gives wings, as eagles." But, who's really paying that close of attention, anyways?! The Sunday before, he came home (singing the same song) and kept singing one phrase over, and over... "when my dreams begin to crumble; when my dreams begin to crumble; and when my dreams begin to crumble". So we asked the youth pastor what exactly they were learning... we teased him that he was breaking them down before he built them back up again. Hahaha!

He also did'it step away from the dinner table last week saying "I'm outta here, Mom!" as he walked off to the bathroom to clean up. Where, oh where did he hear that?!

The best one yet, though? He has apparently been paying close attention to the commercials on TV... he did not tell me last week, "Maybe we should go to Church-ift, Mom." I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, so I asked him what they had at Church-ift. He said, "Well, you know... chicken nuggets, and stuff." Then I thought- Oh! He's talking about Church's Chicken. So that's what I said. He said "No. Church-ift." Me: "Church's" Him: "Nooo... Church-ift, Mom." Me: "No, it's called Church's. Church's Chicken." Him: "Church-ift!!!" Then we both cracked up laughing. The next day, we drove past one... and he recognized it & pointed it out to me!!! And said "See, Mom. That's what I am talking about... Church-ift." Hahaha... okay, Wesley... we'll call it Church-ift. :)

Oh, and his little 2 year old brother did not pull the top off the styrofoam tree we were decorating with gumdrops. Nope! Why on earth would a 2 year old boy do something like that? (If anyone has figured out why a 2 year old boy does anything they do, please feel free to pass on the information to me!) And, of course, I very creatively put it back on with toothpicks, and banned him from the craft!




It turned out pretty cute, anyways. Phew!

However, the sweet side in my 2 year old did come out when one night when I was putting him to bed, he kept saying, "Another kisses!" then he'd lay down, then pop back up and say, "Another kisses!" This went on for a minute or so, before I finally told him that was enough.

And, my 8 month old daughter. She's just perfect. She would not cry, while I was holding her, "Papa, Papa, Papaaaa!". Only to get to Papa's arms and seconds later turn around and look at me and start crying "Mama! Mama! Mamaaa!". Of course, she also cries "Mama, Mama, Mamaaaa!" when she's hungry or thirsty. :) But it was still sooo cute!


Noooo! I did NOT get ahold of my brother's choco chip ice cream cup while you were pre-occupied taking my brother's pictures at the iceskating rink. :) Wait, what?! I have chocolate on my face? How'd that get there?! lol.



And, as for me... I did not do anything too embarrassing this past week, like promise my son M&Ms for being brave and getting his vaccination shots. Then when we got in the car, I decided I didn't want to get out again, so I asked him if we could stop and get a drink with M&Ms in it! :) At least he agreed. Ha!

And I would never bake a cake for the church's Ladies Christmas party, and upon cutting it at the party find out that the middle was goop. Umm... nope. I'm a really good cook, I tell ya! :) See? I have a pretty apron and everything! Lol.

Me & my sis-in-law Erin in our aprons.


So, although there were many funny things that happened this past week, and I didn't write them down... I still 'membered a lot of them! :) I'm so proud of my memory. Now, I'm off to refresh that memory and get a NAP!

Blessings, y'all! -Sarah




Not Me Monday, check out MckMama's adorable blog... with lots 'o Not Me's! :) This is where all the Not Me's started. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the ice cream on the baby's face! I have had that happen a couple times :-)

Jade said...

I had to laugh at the drink with m&ms in it! Who would pass that up?!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Glad to know someone else's baby does that! lol. And, you're right, Jade- I don't think anybody would pass it up. :)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails