You'll need:
- Mod Podge,
- a foam applicator,
- 4x4 tiles,
- felt backing,
- photos printed on heavy paper to be cut down into 3 1/2" squares,
- and scissors.
1. Apply the felt backing to the back of the tiles. You could also attach some thick felt or I've even seen burlap cut to the size of the back of the tile instead of these little felt pads. I just like to keep it simple.
2. Apply the Mod Podge to the surface of the tile.
3. Then apply the photo, and Mod Podge over the top of it, making sure the brush strokes look nice.
4. You'll need to let them dry. Then re-apply the Mod Podge for a 2nd & 3rd coat. I used Mod Podge glossy since they would be used for coasters.
5. Let them dry thoroughly. I gave them about 24 hours before touching them.
Enjoy them. Give them away.
Cheap. Fast. Easy.
My motto for crafts. And this was the perfect craft to fit into that category. Hopefully the grandmas will like them. :)































6 comments:
I've seen these before! So cute! And they look pretty easy to make. Score!
They turned out sooo cute!! I have been wanting to make these, but can't find the tiles anywhere. Where did you get them? I looked at Walmart and Hobby Lobby!!
Look at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace's Hardware... those kind of places. :)
Cool. I'll def look there too. And I don't have a printer so I wonder what I could do to get thicker prints. Maybe Walgreens or Target offers thicker paper? Hmmm.
Email the pics to Staples or OfficeMax on a Word document. Ask them to use a heavier paper. It'll cost a few $$s, but you'll have color prints on heavy paper! :) Since our printer uses up ink really fast, that's exactly what I did for this craft.
OH ok, cool. Thanks :)
Post a Comment