Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Faves

So, I went and hung out at a few cool spots this week (in my relatively non-existent free time. ha!). Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, Ikea... Yep. A few of my fave hot spots of inspiration. I try not to go to them very often. It gets me wishing, and hoping, and dreaming, and... you get the idea. And that's not my hubby's favorite state of mind for me to be in. lol.

But, now, I have a few new things on my wishlist. (Yes, I keep a running wishlist for my hubby & mom, who are always asking me what I want. Or so it seems. lol.)

These seafoam/turquoise dishes at anthropologie need to come to my table.




There's a whole set of them.
Need.
Okay. Maybe they're not an absolute necessity.
But I do entertain a lot.
And I get bored easily.

And, so, I must frequently change out my dishes to keep my interest in putting on pretty parties. They tell me I'm like my grandma Friend because she never stuck with a kitchen theme for more than a few years too. ??
It's something in the gene pool, honey.

And that's the story I'm telling my hubby when I tell him that I need these dishes. Please, pretty please with a cherry on top? Like, someday, whenever we have a little extra $$ laying around. :)

And while I was there, I found another need.
Oops, I mean, want.
You gotta have accessories, right?!


Oh, and someday, when there's absolutely nothing else we have to buy (when will that day be? not anytime soon!), there's my china pattern that I'd love to actually start getting. But that's just not a necessity. But here it is anyways, because this post is all about favorites.


Old Country Roses by Royal Dalton.

Lovely.
Someday.
Keep on wishin', and dreamin', and hopin', and prayin'.

Onto a more feasible plan... Pottery Barn placemats & garland for Valentine's Day. Found these in their kids table section... I always adore the stuff they put out for the kid's table, and personally would be happy to put any of it on the adult tables in my house!


Actually, I'm contemplating trying to sew something like this for our little family dinners heading into Valentine's Day. ?? Looks simple enough.

And the garland, so cute! And a must to complete the look.




So, that is what I've been thinking about this past week. You wanna know why?!? Because my dearest hubby bought me a lovely dining room table, china & hutch for Christmas. And I am having so much fun with it. And, here are pics. Because I know you are curious to see it now. :)





Isn't it purty?! lol. And I already have a few projects planned to make it even more purty. :)


5 comments:

Emily said...

Ohhhh!!! Sarah I love it. I love the color also. I love the white/beige look of furniture. Never was really into the "wood" look!! Awesome!!!

Emily said...

meaning the darker wood!!

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

PRETTY!! so glad you finally got a set, I know you needed one :) I like where you put it too!

The Writer said...

Being a guy, I really don't have much to say on this topic, lol. But I did recognize the name Royal Dalton, because my wife and her family all collect china (they're Canadian, you know!)

I like looking through colored bottles, so I kind of liked the green glasses. We don't have a matching glass in this house, because we have to store our china, so we don't use it. I don't get it. Nice favorites.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I was actually looking for the black painted legs with oak finished top. Then we went to Ashley, and they were clearancing this set out... so we got the china & hutch for FREE!! I just couldn't pass it up. And if the white bothers me too much (which I'm thinking it won't), then I'll just paint it black! lol.

Funny, about storing all the china. Yeah... when, and if I get some china... I'm definitely going to use it! Of course, we entertain a lot.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails