I'm posting a few finds around the blog-o-sphere that I would love to try sometime. Granted, a girl's gotta find some time with all these crazy kiddos running around, and a household & entertaining to keep up with, and a busy pastor for a hubby. When I get a moment to myself though... here are a few more things to add to the "I want to make" list.
I found these photo silhouettes over at lilbitofus, and while they may not be exactly what I want to do (I think I can make it go from "eh" to "ooh!"), it gives the general direction for making the silhouettes in Photoshop. I've been drooling over the silhoutte art at etsy, and just have been too stingy to pay someone to make something I know I can make myself.
Or, I found these other ideas for a silhouette at somewhatsimple. Not sure which I like better. I think I'd make the silhouette in the previous one black, since that's more traditional. I kind of like the added dimension this one gives though. Which one. Which one??
And while we're on the subject of silhouettes... once I have my 4th and final baby... (hopefully later than sooner!) sorry, had to add that... I am getting one of these!!! My hubby & mother have already been informed for some time now that this is what I want for my mother's day/birthday when that time comes.
Here's the pic of somebody else's kids- can't wait for it to be mine, from vinylsilhouettes:
And you know what?? I have all the stuff to make this gorgeous baby bracelet for Aliyah(found at an Etsy store long ago forgotten- sorry.. no link, how rude!). And I meant to make it before she was born. But now, I'm hoping to make if for (gulp) her 1st birthday. Where does the time fly to?? Of course, her version will be more darling than the picture. :) Because she's such a doll baby, and makes everything 10 times cuter. Yay for not spending money on another craft.
And, speaking of making jewelry... I am determined to make one of these this year. Isn't this lovely?? I found this one at etsy's Brag About It shop. Cu-Ute! But I can make it myself, I think. I hope. Oh, boy.
And here's a different take on the whole washer necklace... kinda cute, right? Found at craftster.
And one more washer thing... an ornament! Found at nannygoat.
And since I have been cooking way too much, and not being a nice friend and sharing my recipes for the last few weeks... here's a recipe that I'm definitely giving a try soon! Cranberry Orange Bread from itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome:
Scrumptious looking! And I always swoon over the combo of cranberry & orange. Yum-O!
I didn't post nearly as many things as I'd like to do, and have found during the last few weeks. But, I got my first official post in the new year done!!! Yay for me. Didn't think I was going to post until next week. But here I am full of words, anyways. ha! Happy New Year, Y'all!






































2 comments:
Sometime, somewhere, somehow there was a siloette of me as a child...don't know who did it or where it went to...could be buried here somewhere or stashed in mother's papers that Aunt Linda has but it was black frame cream paper and a black siloette. Bet its gone!! Anyways these are too cute mom
Too bad you couldn't find it. That'd be cool to have now.
Post a Comment