Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Not Me & My Kids Monday

Our family has lots of fun times, and funny fun-fun (haha!) together. And considering there are 3 littles 4 years of age and under in the house right now, there are lots of hilarious things said, and done. I've been recording them here on Mondays for the last few months in the form of "Not Me Mondays". It's a play on words, for you see, when I say someone did not do something, in actuality, they did. And we may or may not own up to it. :) I got the idea from MckMama's blog here. You can find more fun posts like mine over on her link party every Monday, too!

And now for the fun...
As we were sitting at the Cracker Barrel for dinner Saturday night, I did not tune out my 2 year olds whining, and totally lose myself in eating my biscuit with apple butter. (Hey! It was that good!!) My hubby had to "wake me up" from my reverie! Lol. I cannot believe I can actually tune it out! I always wondered how parents could sit there and let their kids do that. Umm... I can not be turning into one of them getting to be that relaxed of a parent. Or, maybe all the whining is just starting to turn my brain to mush. Hmm...

Anyways, this week, my 2 year old did not want to walk on the tread-oatmeal like he's been seeing Mommy do lately. You heard it first, right here... the treadmill's newest trend name... "Tread-Oatmeal"! Lol! These kids make me laugh so hard, it hurts sometimes.

And, speaking of tread-oatmeals, I did not decide to figure out how to share the html code for an attached button/ web-badge for my new upcoming Recipe Share party- instead of walk on the tread-oatmeal one night this past week. Nope! Not me. I wouldn't break one of my New Year's goals of walking every night, just so I could obsess over something like that. Right?!

Unfortunately, yes. And, unfortunately, I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning trying to figure it out. And even more unfortunate is the fact that I have still to figure it out. Lol! Any techy friends out there that would like to help me out? I'd be so grateful. And, one more unfortunate thing... I'm tired out now. Guess I shouldn't obsess so much. Ha!

And, we took our kiddos to a Pow-wow... a real live Pow-wow!! At the invitation of one our Native American friends. It was really cool! And my little bee-boppin' baby did not sit there and bounce so hard to the pow-wow beat the entire time we were there, that she could've passed for a papoose if somebody had put a feather on her. :)

Oh, yeah. And the two year old really enjoyed the beat too. He did not repeatedly stomp his feet in the bleachers to the beat of the different dance songs. And my four year old did not ask if he could have wings, too- like the little Aztec boy who did a special dance. I thought that was actually very observant of him. lol.I, too, was especially in awe of the Aztec dancers! Their headdresses and plumes, and ankle shell shaker things were amazing!! And the little boy's feathers on his back really did resemble wings.

I did not feel like we had moved a year ago from the Wild, Wild West where the cowboys roam ... to the plains of the Native Americans after that Pow-wow. :) And, my Native American Indian friends are the awesomest people we've met here... so I'm kinda glad for the plains right now.

So, once again, I hope y'all enjoy our "funny-fun-fun"!




No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails