Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, February 26, 2010

3 weeks until... {Friday Faves: Birthday Party Edition}

...a very special 1st birthday party!

I've been gathering ideas,
so now I'm sharing my inspiration.
{in case any other mommy friends need a little help, too}
What a really fun Friday Faves post this week!

Decorations:
I really want to make some pom-poms
to hang above the cake table:
found at oncewed.com!
(yes, weddings inspire me for my princess's party)

here's kind of what I have in mind:
See those pom-poms?!
Darling!
Found this cake display at birthdaygirlblog.

And while you're staring at that pic,
look at the cute banner...
Or this one from ViewsFromMyWindow blog.

Actually, I like this one even better.
Yup! I totally hope to make one of those too.
Hello, Cricut! :) Woohoo.

I loved this tutu cupcake stand I saw over at Sister'sStuff.
And I love this cute little party hat shown at birthdaygirlblog.
Not too sure whether I will try to make it, or buy something similar.
Hmm... ??

__________________________________________________
Party Favors:
And while I'm making banners with my Cricut,
why not some party favors, too?

Found at gaddieandtood.
Aren't they the cutest princess magic wands?!
Love it.

Or, I've had the idea to make up a tutu for each little girl coming.
Wonder how much time that would take. ??
____________________________________________________
Oh, and one other idea that's floating around my head...
thinking I might put a few big pics of her around the dining room.

Like this fave of all time pic I took when she was a newborn:

and a few other tutu princess pics from her 1st year.
______________________________________________________
Party Clothes:
I'm also thinking about making a flower clip like
LittleBirdieSecrets shows in her tutorial.
And I'm working hard on making a cute little outfit for her party, too.
Hoping it'll turn out something like this:
(Using those exact fabrics)
__________________________________________________
The Menu:
I think the menu will look something like this:
Drinks- Pink Lemonade & Water
Main- finger sandwiches, roll-up wraps
Sides- Fruit Kabobs, Chips & dip, pepperoni/cheese/cracker platter

Dessert- Cake & cupcakes, of course!
(gonna make coordinating picks for the dessert)
_______________________________________________
Anybody want to come help me craft?
It looks like I'm going to be super busy for the next few weeks!

Or,
do you have another tutu/princess party ideas
that I need to add to my inspiration?
Let me know!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ohhhh!!!! How fun! I love the princess theme! I LOVE those pom poms! I saw another tutorial for those at the Martha Stewart website also! I got some fabric to make Avah's little birthday outfit also. LOL I finally got my serger. LOL Anyway love all your ideas. Isn't it so fun having a little girl!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oh, I love, love, love having a little girl!!! :) When is Avah's birthday? I forget. Hope to get the outfit finished!! Times slipping away, and I have a lot to do. lol.

Love,
Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails