Grab your Recipe Share Button over on the right sidebar.
This past week, Hannah shared her Broccoli Cheese Casserole.
Since many of you may not be able to access her blog,
I thought I'd post it again for all y'all.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 jar of cheeze whiz or some type of cheese spread
1 cup of cooked rice
1 cup of broccoli? (I always use the frozen kind and just put enough to cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan)
1 Stick of Butter ( you can also use a 1/2 stick for a healthier recipe)
Directions:
Spread the frozen broccoli on a 9X13 pan. Add a little bit of water and cover with wax paper. Microwave for about three minutes. Stir then microwave until broccoli is soft. Cut broccoli into small bite size pieces. Add soup, rice, and cheese whiz. Mix together until it is consistently blended. Slice the butter into pieces around the top of the casserole. Cook at 350 for about a half hour. You'll know when it is done because the sides start to bubble. Let them bubble for about 5 minutes. Then take it out, and you've got a delicious side dish or for people like me a meal! :) Enjoy
And another delicious recipe from LadyD this past week for Pumpkin Cheesecake, that she adapted from not 1, not 2, but 3 recipes!! And wow... this one's going in the file for Thanksgiving this year for sure.
Thank you ladies for linking up your recipes.
And now... for my recipe of the week.
You know how you have those "standbys"
that you pull out when company comes over,
or when somebody stops by unexpected?
Yep!
This week, I'm sharing my "standby dessert".
I hope you'll try it.
It's simple, but delicious.
I found this version of Peach Cobbler in a
Paula Deen recipe book years ago,
{courtesy of my MIL- thanks, Nan!}.
I actually get requests for it now from
people that are coming over to my house!!
Well, my family requests it often, too.
And they like to eat it for breakfast around here.
We're funny like that. :)
Sorry for the pic- - I didn't take the time to make it pretty.
I was too worried about getting a piece
before the rest of the clan gobbled it up! lol.
A few of my recommendations on this recipe:
1. Fresh Peaches are absolutely amazing in this! Made it that way a few times when peaches are in season, and it is truly TO DIE FOR! But I mostly make it with canned. Reserve the juice of 1 1/2 cans, but you'll use 3 cans of peaches total if using canned.
2. You don't need as much sugar as called for if using canned. I've actually made it with 1/2 sugar 1/2 splenda as well, and it came out good.
3. Do not add the water if you use canned peaches. Instead, use the reserved juice.
4. I use Bisquick for the self-rising flour. ?? I'm not even sure I've ever made it with just "self-rising flour" before! ha!
5. You can substitute other fruits for the peaches, just use the same method. (Example: Blackberries)
6. Add a few dashes of cinnamon to the flour mixture. It's Yummy-licious!
6. Add a few dashes of cinnamon to the flour mixture. It's Yummy-licious!
Ok.
Here's the recipe, y'all. Enjoy!
Paula Dean's Peach Cobbler
Ingredients:
-4 c peeled, sliced peaches (4 large or about 1 1/2 lbs.)
-2 c sugar
-1/2 c water
-1 stick butter, melted
-1 1/2 c. self-rising flour - - I actually use about 1 3/4 because I like it to be firm
-1 1/2 c. milk
Directions:
1. Combine peaches, 1 c. sugar & water in saucepan. Mix well. Bring to a boil & let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Place butter in 13x9 or slightly smaller baking dish. In bowl, whisk flour, milk, & 1 c. sugar slowly. Pour over melted butter. ** Do NOT stir! ** Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in liquid.
3. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Remove & Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy with a scoop of Blue Belle Vanilla Ice cream. Yum.
So what've you been cooking? I want to try out your recipes, so come on over and share!
































4 comments:
I make an even easier peach cobbler! For a 9x13 I use 2 lg cans of peaches. Put them on the bottom. Then I crumble 1 and 1/2 boxes of yellow cake mix with 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter and put that on top. I bake at 400 for about 20- 30 min or until bubbling and crumble is golden brown. :) mmmm makes me want some right now!
I know... I want some too. STinkin' diet! lol. I too have made simpler versions- - but this one is the best tasting one I've ever had. :) Thanks for sharing your version.
-Sarah
We make a similar easy cobbler, but it's called Cherries Jubilee - same as Stephanie's - except you take cherry pie filling and white cake mix. Yum!
Oh this is so fun hearing all the peach cobbler recipes...my recipe was always my standby dessert recipe too!! Gotta try that cherry one:)
Post a Comment