Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Faves: Comfort Edition

This week, it's all about comfort.
These things comfort me, and I love them, too.
  • Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice,
  • Coffee,
  • Music- most kinds, but a few more than others,
  • Old movies,
  • and a good Tshirt & yoga pants.
I found this amazing little mug at Brookish on etsy..
I need it so I can melt in my chair,
every day when I drink coffee.

It's Lime green! {cool!}
It has the most endearing phrase from
one of my favorite movies EVER!
{Pride & Prejudice}
...and you know, it holds coffee. {smiles}
How much better could it get?!
I ♥ ♥ ♥ it soooo much.

And what better to go in a great mug,
than the best coffee I have ever had.
Meet Private Reserve Kona coffee from koacoffee.
Once you've had this stuff, you won't want to go back.
And I am not kidding.

Of course, if you're like me,
your life is played to soundtracks.
I'm a musician.
I think that if I had to pick one "profession",
out of all the things that I pursue,
I would not want to have to give up being a musician.
It would be hard to give up my camera though. ha!

That being said,
I love Pandora, iTunes, concerts, the opera, musicals...
my most favorite though, is live music.
I hope someday to go with the hubster to a Broadway.
I absolutely adored all the Gilbert & Sullivan's we attended,
back in the day.
I can still quote some of those lines. lol.

In fact, one of my favorite old movies is also a musical!
Speaking of favorites...

And I like to curl up and watch old movies
in my fave yoga pants & Tshirt.
In fact, this post is really making me want to do
Just. That.
Happy Weekend, Y'all!

3 comments:

Laura Brown said...

I love a good musical, too. Singin' in the Rain is definitely one of my favorites!

I love the coffee mug, too. Thanks for sharing!

Lady D said...

you make me want to see the dude in singing in the rain run around in circle...can't remember is name but it was a funny scene gizmo cosmo whatever you were going to name a dog that someday??
oh we need to watch P&P when I come!!
Now I might have to look for that coffee too!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

You're welcome, Laura! :)

And, yes mom we definitely have to watch P&P.. Oh, I love that movie! I haven't watched it for ages. :) lol... and the guy's name was Cosmo- that scene still makes me crack up laughing! Do you remember how hard I used to laugh at that?! haha.

Love,
Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails