Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recipe Share Party

<

This past week Erin, my sil, shared not one, but two great recipes... her Louisiana jambalaya, and a knock-off Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits. And, I'm pretty sure if you like spicy, yummy food, you'll need to try her jambalaya. Also, LadyD shared her recipe for her sausage bread. Let me tell you- if you want a really awesome pizza/calzone like meal this weekend, you should give this one a try! Thank you ladies for sharing your recipes.

This week, I'm going to be sharing my White Chicken Chili recipe. I made it for the 1st time this winter, and absolutely loved it! It is not a recipe that is in a book, although since making it, I've noticed a few others posting similar recipes... so I guess it must not be an "original Sarah recipe". hahaha!

But it's good. And you can leave it in your crockpot on low. And it gets beans in your family without a huge effort, because they are "hidden" a little bit.

When I see these, I say, "Eeew!"

But after adding some spices...
And other such yumminess,
It begins to look like something I might actually like!

Okay. Pass me a bowl of that there soup.
Yummy!

White Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
2 cans of chicken stock
1 pint of heavy whipping cream2 cans Great White Northern beans
2 Tbsp of flour +/-
4-6 chicken breasts, cooked, seasoned, and cubed/shredded
1/2-1 cup of green chile, chopped
Nature's Seasoning, Garlic, Cumin, Onions or powder - to taste
Optional Additional ingredients:
1 bag frozen corn
5 potatoes, peeled, chopped & boiled to soften
Instructions:
1. Put chicken stock in pan, bring to a boil. Add a Tbsp of flour at a time, while whisking continually, until it makes a thin "roux" (gravy). Add cream, and allow to simmer until it thickens up a bit.
2. At this point you can put the soup, with other ingredients in the crockpot on low. Or, add to the pan the remaining ingredients, and serve warm. You may have to thin it with a few splashes of milk if it stays in the crockpot all day.


2 comments:

Erin@The Phillips Fam said...

this looks super yummy! I'll have to try it!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

I think you'll like it! And it's really easy to adapt your own versions, too. I have been considering trying adding a can of Rotel or two instead of the green chile to see how that would taste. lol. Always trying new things, you know. :)

Love,
Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails