Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Planting Seeds


I'm pretty sure that my boys enthusiasm for gardening is short lived.
They have no clue as to how long it takes
for a seed to grow into a seedling,
then grow into a plant,
and then with the proper conditions,

produce fruit!!

But, boy were they sure enthusiastic 1st time gardeners today!

Of course, they may prove me wrong.
The patience required just might be contained within them.
Who knows?!
(I'm especially excited about these peppers.)

We've tried our hands at gardening a few times before
in Las Cruces, in our backyard.
It was actually decently successful!
We had early spring lettuce & broccoli,
mid-summer tomatos & peppers,
and late summer melons.

Then we had kids,
we moved across the entire huge state of Texas,
and we moved a few more times.


We still have at least one more move in our future,
but since I would hate to let the opportunity to plant veggies
go to waste on my little "learners at home"-
I've decided to start the seed(s)-lings anyways.
Our landlords really don't mind if we garden.
And I might container garden a few things
to keep them portable.

So here's to a successful garden this year!
Hopefully there'll be lots of colorful produce,
and lots of learning opportunities for my buds, too.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ohhhh!!!!! I was going to get going on our seeds also in the next couple of weeks. Our kids LOVE this!!

Lady D said...

How big have they gotten by now?Excited for the boys to be official gardeners like their Grampy.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails