Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Tropical Snow Day

Today, me and the kids, and occasionally my hubby,
 are having fun with the 10 or so inches of snow we got
in TEXAS yesterday!
Snowball fights,
Snowmen,
And apparently eating the snow too.
Of course, truth be told,
I wouldn't mind being in Tropical paradise either. :)
And since I didn't ever get a chance to share pictures
of our trip to the tropics last fall on my blog,
I thought today might be the perfect day.
for I am indeed a Sunshine girl.
But I can definitely find beauty in the lovely snow.
And, in the sunshine too.
And while we're accumulating snow in our baby swing,
I can also remember our baby,
enjoying lounging on the beach next to me.
I think she's gonna be a sunshine girl, too. :)

And while my feet were enjoying the fresh crunch of the snow today,
I am also remembering what the feel of the sand felt like right here.
(Yes, I sat in that lounge chair, under that umbrella.)
And while I'm pretty sure these palm fronds are waving
gently in the warm tropical breeze,
I don't mind enjoying the snow laden boughs
in front of my own front door.
They're so pretty!

But in case you've been missing your sunshine lately,
I've got a few more pix
that should hold you over until the sun comes out to play.
Enjoy some snow outside,
Then enjoy my pix of the sunshine to warm you up.


Edited to Add:
My mom also blogged a little about our fun snow on her blog. Thought y'all might enjoy hearing from a Grammy's perspective. Love, Sarah

2 comments:

Lady D said...

Looks like they are having fun in the snow...Wes told me to have fun in the snow when he heard it was snowing at our house. I took a little credit for bringing the snow to him;)yesterday before I left.

Rachel said...

I can not believe you were playing in the snow outside with NO SOCKS ON YOUR FEET!!! You must have been thinking of those tropical pics or something, crazy lady! ;-) Thanks for sharing both ends of the spectrum, but I'm all for the sunshine part, and good riddance to the snow! ;-)

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails