Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, March 22, 2010

"Not Me" Monday

I'm trying to get back into the swing of recording our funnies from the prior week. :) My motivation? My "foggy" mommy brain doesn't remember things that happened an hour ago, let alone a few days or weeks ago!! Does it ever get better??? (3 kids in 3 years probably didn't help this cause.)

Anyways, now I "get it" when I ask my Mom about when we were kids, and she tells me she doesn't really remember. Poor dear Mom. They didn't blog back then. But they do now! So I get to record them in a way that won't be forgotten. Enter "Not Me Monday"- - and when I say "did not", I usually mean- - did. Ha!

This past week, I did not find myself pouring lemonade all over my mom & daughter unknowingly while taking their picture. :) I was using the bottle as an attention getter, and didn't realize that the lid was off!! My mom was trying to tell me, but I just kept poking the bottle at them, and spilling the contents all over them. Haha! My mom seriously laughed her head off once I figured it out. :) She's so awesome like that.

(Notice my Mom's slightly bewildered smile. lol.)

Sunday, my 4 year old did not wake me up early saying, "Mommy! Look what Grammy brought us!!! SNOW!" And he's been telling everyone that Grammy brought the snow (She lives in Illinois). :)

After all, a snow storm in NE Texas in March??? Hello! We moved to Texas, not Illinois, right?!! So, the kiddos went out to play. Once back inside, they had hot cocoa to warm up. They did not say their hot cocoa was coffee. Nope! Not my kids. :) They wouldn't get their love of "coffee" from their parents, now would they? (Seeing that both of us drink 2-3 cups a day. Yikes!) Oh, and the 2 year old... did not spit his hot cocoa out on purpose during he & his brothers giggling fits around the table. My child is a very neat & orderly child, and would never do anything unpolite like spit his drink out for fun. Ha!

I did not catch the baby stealing my hubster's fries at Chili's Friday night, and then grinning huge smiles when she got found out!! That girl and her food or drinks right now. She is all about the water bottles & the cell phones, too. :) 

And, I did not find my boys watching the PGA tournament, and kissing the TV. lol! I don't even know if I could explain that one!! Wish I'd gotten a picture though. My hubster said that it couldn't be good for the TV. heehee.

And I'll let you in on my little dark secret... laundry is not my forte. I do a lot of things pretty well- - but not laundry. I did not restart the load of towels in the washer for the 3rd time tonight!! I keep forgetting to switch the loads! lol. What is wrong with me??! Must be that mushy mommy fog brain of mine. :) Better run & switch it while I'm thinking about it!

Those are some of our funnies from the week. Enjoy!


Check out some other Random Funniness over at MckMama's:

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Sarah! Your baby is just so cute!!!

I love your shirt you made - what a cute idea! And, your wreath turned out soooo cute!!

I just put the linky up on my original wreath post. I am going to post about it later today. Will you come over and link your wreath up? It looks great. Have a great day!

XOOX
Jen

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oh, that is really awesome, Jen! :) Thank you so much. I just linked up... I thought I already had- lol. See? Foggy Mommy Brain at work again.

Blessings!
-Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails