Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recipe Share: Eclair Cake

Get ready for sharing your favorite Easter recipes
 next Thursday through Saturday!!
I'll have a special post featuring a few of my faves.
I'm really looking forward to trying a new one this year too.
Maybe I'll try one of yours!
So, start thinking about it.

This week, I was texting a friend that attends the same College that my hubby & I attended. (Met, Dated, Married, & spent our newlywed years at! Aww!) I was asking him if the "Eclair Cake" dessert was still popular. When we attended, kids would run around getting whole trays full of it, and literally fought over it! Seriously? It was that good. Yum!

When I got married, my Aunt Linda gave me a recipe called "Boston Creme Dessert"... which is the same as the Eclair Cake they served us in college!!! Woohoo! Score for me. I used to make this dessert all the time! However, we've been off & on dieting for a few years now, and it hasn't been around as much lately. A friend of mine made a similar dish for our MOPS group a few weeks back, and it was a Weight Watchers friendly one. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to buy the sugar free/ fat free versions of most of the ingredients & make it less fattening.

So, on with the recipe!

No Bake Eclair Cake

Ingredients:
-Graham Crackers (I think it uses half a box?)
-2 pkg. French Vanilla Instant Pudding
-3 cups Milk
-Smaller carton Cool Whip

Topping:
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. Milk
3 Tbsp Karo Syrup
1 1/2 cup Powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Mix pudding & milk together thoroughly.
2. Fold in entire carton of Cool Whip.
3. In 13x9 pan layer graham crackers, then 1/2 pudding mix, Crackers, pudding, end with crackers.
4. For topping: Melt chocolate, butter, milk & Karo syrup & mix until completely smooth. Then whisk in the powdered sugar, stir until smooth.
5. Spread over top layer of crackers. Let stand 12 hours or overnight (in refrigerator).

Enjoy!! And don't forget to add your recipe next week for Easter!

1 comment:

Emily said...

HaHaHa!!! I remember the good ole' eclair cake!! People went crazy for that stuff!! LOL Recipe sounds great!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails