Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Around the Town: Bluebonnets on a Country Highway!

This all started out today with a post that made me Laugh Out Loud!! over at Made by Dana. I told my hubby about it, and on his way home, he decided to pull a "Dana" & brought me home a few bluebonnets. :)
Picking Bluebonnets is not illegal. :) Just sayin'.

We only picked 3, so I doubt the big 'ole state of Texas is really going to miss them, anyways. Then, on a whim, my hubby, no that is not a typo- - asked if I wanted to go take some pics with the kiddos after dinner. !! That never happens.

{I guess he was listening to my rambling the other night on our drive home about wanting to take pics of the kids with the bluebonnets, after all. :)}

On a tiny sidenote: I originally thought the flower was called Blue Bells... but I guess I was just hungry for some Blue Bell ice cream! lol. Thanks to one of my friends for correcting me before I wrote that on the blog!!

So we took them... only letting one kid out of the car at a time, since bluebonnets apparently only grow along the sides of major roads! Can someone please explain that to me?
Looking at the pretty flowers was fun to her,
As long as she didn't have to sit in the prickly grass. What a girl!
She did give me one little smile, though, so it was totally worth it. :)
And my hubby took a few of us together that turned out great!

Then the big guy got a turn... notice how
 he's picking a few for mommy!
I wonder if that's why people were driving by,
honking at us. ?
He's such a cute kid. Love him so much!
And Mr. Funny enjoyed a few moments with the bluebonnets, too.
I'm telling you!! He's a heartbreaker already!
Watch out girls. :)

This is my fave flower pic of the night.
Although it was really hard to pick...
They were all so beautiful!

Enjoy!
And if you live in Texas,
get out there, camera in hand, and enjoy those
pretty bluebonnets on the side of the highway. :)

Anybody know of a reflector that can double as a "shade"?
I needed one tonight, and don't have a clue about them.

6 comments:

Christy said...

I just took that drive down the bluebonnet highways today in Texas! Have you guys ever headed out to Ennis? Maybe I'm repeating something you've known for ever, but just in case... They have a festival (maybe next weekend?, BUT it's a really great spot to go with the whole family b/c there are safe places to park way OFF the highway, and huge fields of bluebonnets a far as the eye can see. Ennis' town has a website that even tells you were the best blooms are each week, and how to get there (some are along the highways directly, but a lot are a few country roads away). It's just flat out beautiful, AND....fewer witnesses so you can pick to your hearts content. I think there are enough to share!;o)

The Calhoun Clique said...

So cute! I have been wanting to take Ella, but the few places I have thought about are so so busy! I may need to take the advice above.

laura Brown said...

We took pictures of the boys in the bluebonnets while living in Texas, too. You made me laugh when you mentioned calling them blue bells. I did the same thing and I also blamed it on my favorite ice cream! I wish they sold blue bell ice cream up here - well maybe not - I have a hard enough time staying away from ice cream as it is.

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I love your pictures...and your kids are gorgeous!

Your blog is full of things that interest me....I think we have a LOT in common!

Blessings-
Amanda

Lady D said...

I am loving the pics...my favorite is the one with you and Aliyah;) although its hard to choose but as Gabe says my picking the girls goes way back. lol

Monika Filipina said...

I enjoyed reading tthis

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails