Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recipe: Sausage Tomato-Basil-Alfredo... I think!

So, I'm pretty well known in my family
for being one of those cooks that doesn't follow
any recipe.
My parents say I get that from my Italian grandma...
who apparently cooked the same as me. :)
I just usually find what's on hand,
then make, what my hubby fondly calls,
a "creation". lol.

That's why a lot of my recipes that I share are desserts.
That's about the only thing I actually follow the instructions!
{Sorry for that. I'll try to do better... starting NOW.}

However, I almost always get rave reviews from my taste-testers,
and I know someday, one of my kids is going to say...
"Mom... how do you make "_____"?"
and I'm going to be thinking....
I have no clue!!
I just throw things in a pan;
saute, boil it, brown it... whatev;
taste as I go...;
sometimes bake it for a while...;
and it all turns out tasting good.
But what exactly did I put in that dish, anyways?!

Do you do that? I may be standing alone here.
I make "creations", and have no clue how to replicate them!!!

So I am going to try to share a "creation" from the other night.
I hope I can actually remember all that I put in it. :)
I know there has to be recipes similar to this... but it was yummy.
So, Here goes!!

Italian Sausage Tomato/Basil/Alfredo Pasta
Ingredients:
-1 roll Italian Sausage
-1 pkg. pasta (whole wheat is my preference)
-8 oz. heavy whipping cream
-1 stick butter
-2 cups Parmesan, grated or fresh shredded
-Garlic Powder
-2Tbsp flour (to thicken alfredo sauce)
- 1/2 cup (?) Sundried Tomatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp. Pesto

Directions:
1. Start browning italian sausage. At the same time, get a pot of hot water boiling to get your pasta cooking in. (Once boiling, add your pasta & cook, drain, etc... while cooking sauce). Once italian sausage is cooked, drain & set aside.
2. In seperate saucepan, melt butter, add cream, whisk and bring to a simmer. You'll need to whisk this a lot so it doesn't burn. Add parmesan once it's simmering. If the sauce doesn't thicken to your liking you can use 2 Tbsp flour & 1/3 c. milk whisked together, then added to sauce- - bring to boil, and it'll thicken right up.
3. Add Sundried Tomatoes, Pesto & Italian Sausage to sauce when it is thick enough. Then serve either over the noodles, or on the side and let your family/guests ladel their own sauce on.

This recipe would be great with chicken instead of sausage, too. And the actual Alfredo Sauce is how I make mine... tastes as good as Olive Gardens!! You can also make Alfredo using some cream cheese & milk instead of whipping cream if you don't have that on hand. :) You are soooo going to like this recipe.

And here's a pic of my 2 fave ingredients I used:

I could & have made my own pesto... but this one's gooood!
And so much more convenient. :)
Put these 2 ingredients in lots of things.
It just makes your mouth happy!

I've decided to start seperating my recipes from the Recipe Share Party posts, because I'd eventually like to start categorizing them for an easier find method that I've been working on. Fingers crossed I'll get that done soon. :)
Happy Cooking, y'all!
Getting this post up for
 my Recipe Share Party on Thursday.
See you there?


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails