Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recipe Share Party- Come & Share a recipe y'all!

Hey, y'all! Sorry I'm getting the party started a little later than usual. :)
 I've been in the midst of motherhood this morning,
 and we'll just leave it at that.
 I'll spare you the nitty gritty details. lol.

First: Let me just say "Thank You"
 to all who participated last week!
 Wonderful recipes!!

Second: What've y'all been cooking & baking up this past week?
I can't wait to hear about it!!
and hopefully see a picture of it too,
so I can get good & hungry. lol.


 Now for my pick of the week
from the recipes shared on last week's Recipe Share!


Drumroll....
The Veggie Towers over at Sugar Bananas!!
I am always looking for yummy side dishes,
or especially veggie dishes my family will like.
This one looks like a WINNER!

Go ahead and grab a Featured Button...




 
And for the Recipe Share...
In honor of Earth Day!
Me & my little preschooler buddy made
"Bird's Nests"
It meant a lot to my little one to make these,
since we've been watching a little bird's nest out in our front yard.
If you have kiddos,
maybe you can try these too!
 
And, on a side note...
we just used what we had in the house.
There's lots of variations on doing this recipe!

Ingredients:
-Chow mien noodles/ we used 3 c. crushed corn flakes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
-Jelly beans/ we used M&Ms (also known as potty training incentives around these parts! lol)
-Peanut butter
-Wax paper/ We used cupcake wrappers & a muffin tin
Directions:
1. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
2. Put chow mien noodles/cornflakes (crush if using cornflakes) in a large bowl.
3. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, just until melted. (it only takes 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes- don't over melt... once you stir the chocolate, the shape of the chips will disappear)
4. Pour melted chocolate over chow mien noodles (cornflakes!), mix together to coat. We used our hands to mix. :) It's more fun & interactive that way.
5. Place mounds of mixture into cupcake liners. Have children form the mixtures into nests. IMPORTANT!!Be sure the chocolate has cooled, but don't wait too long or it will harden!
6. Using peanut butter as an adhesive, "glue" down the jelly beans (M&Ms!).
It's a great way to celebrate Earth Day! These also make fun gifts from kids to their friends, teacher and family members.
I can't wait to see what y'all have been cooking & baking this past week!
Please grab a button & stick it in your post that you link up.

 
 




 
 
Happy Cooking, y'all! 



3 comments:

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Oh thank you for featuring my recipe! I'm sure you'll love this side dish - sometimes I have it for lunch. Sooo yummy :)

Thanks for hosting, too. Happy Thursday to you!

Unknown said...

you are above me on new friend follow, but i already follow you. :)

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from Friendly Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
I also entered your Thurs. party & am grabbing your button for my sidebar. I'm also having a mother's day giveaway on my blog right now til wed. Hope you join in!! Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails