Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crafting: Hand Painted Goblets with Polka Dots

So, if you can't tell...
I like Polka Dots! :)

Since my mom is visiting for a couple family birthday parties,
I decided I wanted to spend some of my time with her
crafting & enjoying each other's company.
We both are pretty crafty.
(Actually, that's where I get it from.
I'm always amazed at how much she's done over the years.)

So, we decided to hand paint a few goblets.

They turned out so pretty!
Of course, handwashing is a must. :)
But it's worth it for these pretty goblets to serve our guests.
I used my Cricut to cut out 1" circles for the polka dots.
Applying the polka dots & drinking area covered with contact paper,
took a little concentration... apparently!
- - Look at my face! haha.- -

Then it was time to paint!
I used these very beautiful paints in Champagne Gold,
and White Pearl (not shown) by Deco Art.
Isn't it lovely??

I hope to this with some clear glass plates soon, too.
Then it will be a "set" that I can serve guests with.
I'm linking this to

And a few of my other favorite Link Parties!



DIY Day @ ASPTL

14 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Those are awesome. I think they would look awesome with clear and frosted dots as well--

Thanks for posting

Cheri

Holly Lefevre said...

They are beautiful! Great use of the elegant finishes!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I like them a lot! Really dresses up plain glasses. You could do a seasonal set - or a Christmas set. How fun. :)

cheryl said...

Nice glasses and I heart my camera,too(Found you on New Friend
Friday)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

So simple... but soooo sassy!
I♥your glasses~
a new Friday's Favorite

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Super cute Sarah! Love the polka dots!! Thanks so much for joining The DIY Club this month! We greatly appreciate it! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Nicole A. said...

So cute and so creative!! I love them!! Cricuts rock!! Great job!!

Nicole A. said...

Oopsies, hit submit to soon, Wanted to say thanks for stoppin over at my blog :)

Love and Lollipops said...

Hi Sarah

A little while ago you popped over to my blog and left a comment on my "Adam's Art Attack" post. I immediately replied on that same blog post,so realise that you may never have read it.

I was so pleased that you stopped by and just want to say that I think you have a great space here! I really LOVE your photographs of your children. I am also a keen photographer , so appreciate all the good links!

Kind regards,
Georgia

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Sarah- Your project is one of the top ten finalists for The DIY CLUB. Be sure to check out the voting post on any of the four DIY CLUB blogs. Congratulations and thanks again for joining this month!

Holly Lefevre said...

Congrats on being ton 10!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Congrats-great job-fabuolous--WOOHOOOO--Just coming by to let you know that your project is in the TOP 10 list. --It is up on all 5 blogs--check it out. Great job on your project, we loved the glasses--so cool--congrats and good luck.

Thanks for joining -- we will be announcing the WINNER on Friday and the next party.

Cheri

Heather said...

I love deco art glass paint. You can dishwasher these if you bake them. Place all your glassware in a cold oven and then turn your oven to 325 and let them all 'bake' for an hour. Turn off your oven and don't touch anything until they're fully cooled. After than dishwasher away. I painted some goblets 4 or 5 years ago and did this and they still look good even after many, many dishwashings. Great job. They look lovely. :)

Tonia Lee Smith said...

They look fabulous, but don't if I'd have the patience for this project. I'm a new follower via 504 Main, stop by to see me sometime.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails