Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A few blogging tips I highly recommend!

I enjoy "DIY blog design". So, every couple months, I try to clean up the look of my blog.

This month, I used two really great tutorials. I'm sharing this on my blog because I always look at beautiful blogs, and wonder how they do it. (Not to say my blog is one of the "beautiful, well-organized blogs"! ha!) Just thought y'all might like to try this out yourself too.

The first change was to make my 3 column layout into a 2 column layout, with a split column on the right sidebar. Here's the link at Lawny Designs blog to do this if you'd like to give it a try. I really, really like this!! I will not be changing my layout for some time because I think it really cleaned it up.

Then, to further simplify, I also created a tabbed browsing box. I used this tutorial/linked tutorial at Confessions of a Homeschooler (one of my fave homeschooling blogs, by the way!). So now, I'm really loving the cleaner look of my blog!

Hope this helps y'all out! Next time I attempt to simplify, I think I'll be trying to add dropdown menus to my navigational bar. :) Always something more to do.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice! I think your blog is fantastic!

Sweet European Dreams said...

it looks great! now here's a question...how do you get those boxes under each blog that say, "You might also like". I've been looking for a way to add that on mine forever! I'm SO not a techie!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Looks great sarah! Thanks for sharing these tutorials~ I always like knowing someone else has tried them and they work! Greatly apprrciate it! Your blog looks fabulous!

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Here's the link to get a "LinkWithin". :) Just found it!

http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=widget

Hope that helps! I'll drop over to your blog & let you know too, but just posting this for anyone else in the future who might ask this question. :)

-Sarah

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails