Having lived in New Mexico for 7 years,
I really acquired a taste for green chile.
I used to detest it before I moved there!
Which now, totally shocks me. :)
In fact, one year we bought 60 pounds of it!! lol.
I seriously cannot go very long without eating it.
However, since we moved a year and a half ago,
my freezer supply of freshly roasted Big Jims is now gone.
{Sad, sad, sad.}
So, I've got to figure out what to do.
Maybe I'll be adventurous and try roasting the
Annaheims in the produce aisle myself?
Never tried it. Anyone else?
In honor of Cinco de Mayo today,
I thought it would be appropriate to share
my yummy-licious all time favorite
Green Chile Enchilada recipe.
I even found a picture of me making some
last year!!
And a pic of the ingredients!
(Look at my yummy green chile in the metal bowl. Drooling over here!)
So here's the recipe.
Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-4-6 chicken breasts cooked & shredded
-30 count corn tortillas
-2 cans cream of chicken soup (or mushroom)
-1 cup sour cream
-1 1/2 cups chopped green chile (more or less depending on how much you like)
-1 large pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. Cook & Shred Chicken.
2. Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green chile... you can add a couple splashes of milk if it needs to be thinned out at all.
3. In 9x13 pan, spread a ladel of sauce in the bottom. Then, dip corn tortillas in the sauce covering both sides, and layer in the pan. Usually about 6 per layer.
4. Put some shredded chicken, then sprinkle a little cheese over top. Repeat step 3 & 4 until all the tortillas are used, and add a little extra cheese on top layer.
5. Cook in 350 oven for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
That's it! If you like spicy food, you will love this!! And I'm adding this recipe to get ready for the Recipe Share party tomorrow. Hope to see you there.

































3 comments:
I am sure it was delish!!
Oh my gosh! This sounds SO good! I also love green chiles and mexican food period! You should stop by and link up your recipe on my Tasty Tuesday meme for this week. :) Thanks for the recipe!
I do something similar. It doesn't make so much though.
I use
1 cup cut up baked chicken breast
1 cup sour cream
1 cup green chilis
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg of white tortillas
1 bag cheddar cheese
Mix chicken, sour cream, chilis, and COMS together and bring to a boil in a sauce pan. It makes it thin out some. Layer tortillas, chicken mixture, then cheese until you run out of something for the layers.
It's definitely a favorite over here too!
Post a Comment