Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, April 30, 2010

I Heart Faces... Fix It Friday

This is my very 1st time to mess with a photo,
and actually share it.
I'm a little nervous!! :)

Here goes.

I use Photoshop Elements 5.
I recently obtained Photoshop, but don't know my way around it yet.
So, here's the original.
An adorable picture!
I felt it could use some light, texture, and color added back in,
so I did my normal editing process:
Unsharp Mask 40/14/3;
Adjusted Levels;
Burned Edges;
Dup layer- Screen Mode @ 30%... FLATTEN.
Then I added a "metal" texture on a seperate layer,
lowered opacity,
and erased (masked in PS) her so there wasn't a texture.
Flatten.
Then, I decided to run Pioneer Woman's "Fresh & Colorful" action,
just to make it pop a little more. It would've looked fine without, too.

And here's my "edit"!

I decided I wanted to see it in B&W too.
I mostly do my B&W edits via several gradiant layers,
on different modes & different opacities- just to my taste.

Here it is in B&W!
How'd I do?!!




9 comments:

Chrystal said...

I like them both. The second is my fav. Great job!

Heather {Butterflygirlms} said...

Very nice editing!! Love the first one.

Crystal Rae said...

love the texture you added in the edits. Awesome job.

Hannah said...

Hmm that is a really neat feature. I should get photoshop too.

Kaylee H. said...

Great editing! I really like your B&W edit. Go ahead and check out mine if you want to:
http://thisiskaylee.blogspot.com/2010/04/fix-it-friday_30.html

Rachel said...

I like the first edit the best! Good job!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - awesome photos! You are very talented!

I can't wait to see your polka dot project!

XOXO
Jen

Micah-Noel said...

Super cool!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful photos! I ought to use my photoshop elements more! Thanks for the inspiration!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails