When I went to Johnny Carino's last year with my mom
for my birthday & Mother's Day,
they handed us this cute little placemat/ game that had
SHOES on it!
I had just finished up all the decor for our
Mother's Day Brunch at our church- -
in 2009- - Mirror, Mirror, I am my Mother after all!
But when I saw the shoes...
I wanted to jump up & down, and do a happy dance!
So, that's what I planned our brunch around this year.
{my little daughter & my shoes}
We did a "Shoe Showoff" Fashion show.
Everyone wore their shoes to fit into one of 5 categories:
- Prettiest (I won this one!!); - Most Bling; - Colorful;
- Comfortable; - Highest Heel.
It was a total blast!!
Everyone wore pretty & funky shoes.
(I totally should've gotten more pictures of the shoes!)
One of the girls even sort of matched mine. :)
Cute, huh?! haha.
Of course, we did decorations with flip-flops everywhere.
Surrounding the speaker area.
Covering a pretty trellis.
Those are little shoes on the table, too.
Oh, and you probably notice the adorable black & hot pink pom-poms.
We hung something like 40 of them!!
I made the invitations & programs all about shoes.
And I did the devotional about "What kind of shoe are you?"
It was so fun.
There was so much yummy food, too!
Like these chocolate dipped strawberries
MY HUBBY
made for us!!
I know! He's such a sweet man.
And tons of other yummy-licious brunch dishes, too.
There were so many moms/daughters/friends there.
It was beautiful to see these wonderful women,
just loving being together for a few hours.
Way too many groups of sweet ladies to put on this post!
We had a wonderful time.
I will probably remember most,
how nervous I was about speaking! haha.
I'm sure nobody else will even remember that part of it.
Hopefully they'll just remember having a sweet time
with their loved ones or friends,
and getting to show off their fun shoes!! :)
Here's me & my sweet pea afterwards.
I love that I finally have a daughter to take to these kinds of things.
My two sons are pretty special too. :) FYI.















































2 comments:
Looks like loads of fun! Love the shoe theme. :)
Very cute! Love the shoes :)
Post a Comment