Once we left the lovely white sands of Pensacola,
we took a few day detour to Louisiana
to visit with my hubby's family before heading home.
There's always lots of swimming in the pool at Nana & Pops house.
And bonfires at night.
Since my sister-in-law came & brought her boys,
On a "pinecone" hunt with Pops.
Making crafts with Nana.
Nana made her a princess crown. :)
One of our absolute favorite things to do when we go there
is getting "Sno-balls".
The kiddos know they're in for a treat!! :)
A sweet "cousin moment"
This trip I got a chance to enjoy a cute little
Louisiana shop & grille with my mother&sis-in-law
called "Bayou Country".
I really enjoyed the Cajun flair!!
The jambalaya wrap was so yummy-licious.
I'm going to have to try recreating it sometime soon.
Apparently this place makes some of the best pralines around.
And, I have to add... I got corrected on the pronunciation of pralines.
I guess it's said "pr(ah)lines" not "pr(ay)lines"! lol.
I'm a Northern girl, trying to be a Southerner for the last 13 years. :)
So of course, I bought my hubby the 6 different kinds,
as a surprise for our 10th anniversary!
A couple other finds at Bayou Country. Yum!
And, of course, there were a few Catan tourneys as well. :)
We enjoyed our time, however,
we were really glad to get home to what felt like less humidity!!
heehee.
When we left Texas, it felt like a sauna.
Upon returning from Louisiana, it felt rather dry.
I guess it's all in the perspective, eh?

















































1 comment:
I want a snowball!!
Post a Comment