So we've been wanting to go blueberry picking.
We couldn't find a place to go though!!
So we found out about Ham's Orchards over in Terrell.
Peaches are their specialty,
but we went so we could pick our own blackberries.
And the kids absolutely LOVED it!!
Those look like really cheesy smiles,
but truly, I've rarely seen either of them more
excited & happy to be doing something!
The berries were absolutely beautiful!
As you can see, the berry patch is very user friendly.
Even the kids were able to pick the berries,
and not get too many thorns for the brambles.
And even though we didn't let the baby out of the wagon,
She happily helped us taste test a few of the berries!
Oops! Guess I shouldn't have put a cute outfit on her. :)
Ham's also offers a large, fresh farmer's market style store.
As I said... specialty = peaches!
And in particular- - Peach Ice Cream!!!!
Do you see the ice cream dripping off my hubby's spoon?!? lol.
Thinking she may have enjoyed herself a bit. :)
And our proceeds from the berry patch:
So far, I made blackberry cobbler (recipe here)
and blackberry syrup (recipe or pictures at least to come soon).
Looking forward to trying a couple more recipes, too!


















































4 comments:
Looks like a blast, wish I coulda come. :)
Looks like a fun outing! Blackberries won't be ready out here in Oregon for another month or so. I can't wait!!!
Looks like YUM!
I LOVE pick your own places, and I love it even more that you live close, so I can actually go these places! Thanks for sharing your experiences, and your recipes!! I'm not determined to go out and enjoy some of the summer harvest happening right now!!
Post a Comment