I don't know if there is a more "comforting" dessert.
I usually make peach cobbler about once a week.
But since we went blackberry picking- more on that in a different post,
I decided to give "Pioneer Woman's"
Blackberry Cobbler #1 recipe a try!
It is very similar to my peach cobbler recipe,
and I might add, I'm in love with that recipe.
So I knew I'd love it.
Once my hubby tried it,
he said it was "Woooooooh!" worthy. :)
It's a very basic recipe:
Ingredients:
1 stick Butter
1-¼ cup Sugar
1 cup Self-Rising Flour (I used Bisquick)
1 cup Milk (I used 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 c. cream)
2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh)
Directions:
1. Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.
2. Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
3. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.
I'm pretty sure you could use blueberries or raspberries in place of the blackberries if you prefer. It's also excellent with some vanilla ice cream a la mode. :) Yummy!!
And, of course, I added this recipe to my Recipe Share Party!! :)



































7 comments:
Hey thanks for the follow. Following you back! :) Recipe looks YUM!
your follow button is not working for me :(:( I will try again later.
looks yummy!
I can't think of anything better either! Peach cobbler is awesome but this blackberry sounds even better! Yum!
That looks great! If your still shopping around for cobbler recipes may I suggest Nigella Lawsons version? Very tasty with blueberries I find.
This looks delish! I totally want you to HURRY and finish your towel poncho just for me!!!! (Is that selfish or what?) I saw this towel type poncho at the pool and thought, "I want to make one of those." But really what I want is to see what you did! PLEASE let me know when you have it up. I have a few towel ideas I want to post and would love to add that to the post. Thanks. Michelle
I love blackberry cobbler and used to order it from cracker barrell back in the day when the only cracker barrels were in the south and I lived in the NORTH:)Yours looks like it tops theirs for sure.
Post a Comment