Do y'all have a Nana in your family?
Since my mother-in-law's name is Nancy,
we started calling her Nan...
then the kids were born...
and our kiddos call her Nana now!
I love that. :)
I always wanted a grandma named "Nana". lol.
Now my kids have one.
So while we visited down in the Bayou
with my in-laws a few weeks ago,
we made one of my favorite of Nana's desserts-
"Lemon Lush".
Just the name is fun & yummy sounding.
I've had this dessert lots of times!
But for some reason it's been a while
since we'd had it.
I guess there's just too many good desserts
to choose from. :)
So I asked if she & I could make it,
and I could share it on my blog with y'all.
And if our little taste tester licking the beater isn't enough
prompting for y'all to try it...
Just take my word for it.
You're going to like it!
Here's what Nana wrote for y'all:
(Don't you just love well-used, hand-written recipes? They're the best.)
My friend Janet Gray from Canton, IL, shared this delicious dessert recipe with me many years ago:
Lemon Lush
CRUST:
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2 sticks softened butter
-1/2 cup chopped nuts
Mix the above ingredients together and press in bottome of 9''x 13" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees until light brown. Let cool.
FILLING 1:
-1 cup of powdered sugar
-8 oz. softened cream cheese
-1 cup of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Blend together the above ingredients and spread on cooled crust.
FILLING 2:
-2 pkgs. lemon instant pudding
-3 cups of milk
Blend together and beat until thickened. Spread on Filling 1.
TOPPING:
Top with more whipped topping and garnish with nuts (optional).
This is a great summer dessert, perfect to take to potlucks and picnics! You may substitute chocolate instant pudding for the lemon.
**Thanks, Nana for sharing the recipe! It's one of my favorites, and I hope it will become one of yours too. Enjoy!



































2 comments:
Yum this sounds really good. It would be perfect for a hot summer day.
I love lemon lush and it was a dessert that we made when we were young brides...the chocolate version with chocolate filling called bride's dessert because it was so easy was a fav of mine back in the day!!
Post a Comment