Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Flashback: "Stop at the Corner & Wait!"

I remember my mom saying those words to us as we used to go on bikerides all the time growing up. I didn't really remember her little phrase though, until I heard myself saying those exact words to my kids on our walk tonight. :) "Stop at the corner! Wait for me to catch up!" I remember riding way ahead of my mom on those bike rides, and her being a little worried. Umm.. yeh, sorry Mom. I get it now! haha.

Many of you know that I have 3 very young children. I used to take walks every day for about an hour with my 2 boys. But they were in a double stroller at the time. Then we moved, had a baby, and found ourselves in a more drastic hot/cold climate almost 2 years ago. Soooo, I hadn't even gone on a walk by myself with my children since we've moved here. We've gone with my hubby occasionally, and that's it.

I really miss those daily morning walks when I would huff & puff; stop & point out pretty flowers, or a dog trying to say "hi", or find a shady spot to take a breather. Mostly, I stopped going on the daily walks because I didn't feel I could keep up with 2 tiny boys who were now riding bikes/tricycles & stroll or carry a baby along the way too! And really, who can blame me. I think I tried it once or twice after the baby was born... but I had way too many "stress attacks" to make it worth it.

But today, I am celebrating beginning the walking habit again with my children in tow.
So, if you happen to pass me by, and I look a little harried, and I'm yelling into the distance, "Stop at the corner!! Wait for me to catch up to you!!" and am toting a baby in a wagon behind me... you'll know what's going on. I'm just attempting to get my kids and myself back into a healthy routine of being active & outdoors. And achieving another moment where I realize I am becoming my mother after all. :) And yes, I say that with a smile, because I am actually happy to be taking after such an amazing & wonderful woman.
Maybe someday she'll be yelling "Stop at the Corner" too?

4 comments:

The Calhoun Clique said...

Cute!! And of course A had to have her snack cup with her!! =)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cutie...I am visiting from New Friend Friday. Love this blog hop...and have found so many great new blogs...Hope you will stop by and visit.. I have a surprise giveaway that I will draw for on Sunday night.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Lady D said...

Aww Sarah you just brought back memories of a big wagon with at least one kid (Hannah)in it to start with....a little boy(Gabe) on a big wheel trying to keep up with the two big sisters ( you n Rachel) on real bikes!! And me with my stop at the corner yell!! Try to enjoy it girlie cause before you know it you'll be whispering to yourself like me cause no one's around to yell hey wait for me!!

happylittleprince said...

Thanks, Sarah, for your comment on my pic! I am so excited to have been chosen as a favorite!!

This pic was just me trying something new and fun. I have attempted this action shot with a slow shutter speed. The results were similar.

I was playing around with Photoshop when I created "Craig's Sweetheart."

I will have a short ABC version of how to do this on my blog very soon!

Tiffany

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails