Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guest Post: Stacey from View from My Window

Today's guest post is done by Stacey from Views From My Window. I've never met Stacey in person. However, she was one of the 1st blogs I started following when I started blogging last fall. I don't even remember now how I came across her blog, but I sure am glad I did! I absolutely love all her posts. All of Stacey's posts inspire me. I made a comment recently how I would love to attend her daycare with my kids, just so we could do the crafts! :) That's how much I love what she does. And did I mention she has an ETSY shop, and I won one of her flower pins last winter?! So awesome. I really enjoyed wearing it, too. I know you will love what she has for us today, and I really think you will enjoy her blog too. Make sure to leave her a comment, & go visit her blog!

Thank you for asking me to do a guest post! Let me quickly introduce my family. I am a single Mother with three great kids. I run a daycare in my home from 6:30am to 6:30pm with 14 kids in and out during the week. Life is busy and messy and exhausting but also rewarding and humorous and never, never dull.

I love children, crafting and baking and my blog is a hodgepodge of all of the activities that fill our days and nights.

This is one of my favorite crafts we have done this year. Typically I am making crafts with children ages 2-5. I hope you enjoy it!
Here's another great way to use those egg cartons. We go through two 18 count cartons of eggs per week at least so these supplies are always on hand.

You'll need to start by cutting apart a whole bunch of egg cartons into round little cups. You'll need about 6-8 cups per child.
Give each child a piece of cardboard. We started by painting our backgrounds. I set out different shades of green and blue and had the children paint grass and the sky. Set aside to dry.
Next have the kids paint the egg cups green. Paint both the inside and the outside in different shades of green. Set aside to dry.
Next take the kids on a walk to the park. While there, have them gather twigs from the ground. Each child needs about 4-6 twigs.

When you get home, use a hot glue gun to attach the egg cups and the twigs to the backgrounds and then you have a darling tree!


Don't you just love this kid's craft?! She has SO many kid's crafts on her blog. So, if you're looking for fun things to do with your kids this summer- Go visit her blog. Thank you so much, Stacey!

Tomorrow will be the last of the guest posts. :) I've had so much fun having a few friends post here this past week. I've really enjoyed each one, and I hope you have too. I'm keeping it a surprise as to what the post is for tomorrow. :) So come back, and see what I've got for you!


2 comments:

picinichml said...

I love that craft! I've got a daycare and I'm always looking for great preschool ideas on the cheap!
I can't seem to find the link to her blog though, am I missing it??

Pizza Recipes said...

This was great to read, thank you

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails