Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Staycation- Texas State Fair & Cooper Lake

I am so excited that I finally found a few minutes
to finish up blogging about our vacation!! woohoo. :)

Sooo, we did the "staycation" thing as our "Part 2" on our vacation.
We've never actually done that before,
so it was interesting. . . Not sure it's our favorite form of recuperation,
but we had fun nevertheless!

We went to the Texas State Fair, thanks to a friend's generosity,
and when they say that everything in Texas is bigger-
they're not kidding!
I've never seen a state fair so HUGE.

Our favorite thing at the fair was watching
these BMX bikers doing tricks.
It was also sooo much fun
watching the boys giggle their heads off
riding a few carnival rides.
{blogger is rejecting my pictures for this!! ugh.}

And they had a cute little kid's garden area based on
the fairytale "The Little Red Hen".
It was cute watching them "work".

And we finished off our time with a little
PeeWee Rodeo.

The video of Wesley riding the
"bucking bronco" is hysterical! :)
Another thing I love doing at the State Fair
is taking a "How I've Grown" picture. :)
Oh, and I totally did not even get a picture
of my favorite thing to eat at the fair-
a strawberry & whipped cream funnel cake!
Oh, yum.
______________________________________________
On our staycation,
we also decided to go over to nearby Cooper Lake
and hike, play, & fish.
It was the perfect day for it,
and I decided to take minimal photos,
just to enjoy & not document this time around. :)

Of course,
you know me...

I did take a few with my little FLIP. :)


No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails