Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Honey Crunch Pecan Pie


You need to make this recipe for Pecan Pie.
Seriously!
I'm not a huge fan of pecan pie,
but this one, I will fight over that last piece for.

So, if you haven't made your pecan pie yet for Thanksgiving,
print off this recipe.
You can thank me later. :)


Honey Crunch Pecan Pie
Ingredients:
-Refrigerated Pie Crust, or a homemade crust (uncooked)
Filling-4 eggs, lightly beaten
-1/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Topping
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves

Directions
1. Place pie crust in pie shell & flute the edges. Do not bake. Preheat oven to 350.
2. For filling: Combine eggs, brown sugar, sugar, salt, corn syrup, 2 Tbsp butter, vanilla & nuts. Mix well. Spoon into unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cover edges of pastry with foil or pie shield. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. For topping: Combine brown sugar, butter, honey in medium saucepan. Cook 2-3 minutes on medium heat until sugar is dissolved & butter is melted. Remove from heat. Add nuts. Stir until coated. Spoon evenly over pie. Cover edge of pastry again.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes until topping is bubbly and golden brown. Cool to room temp before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Lady D said...

I loved this pie too as it was far above the rest of pecans pies I've had.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails