Welcome to my blog! I hope my crafts, recipes, homeschooling, & photography posts will be inspiring & encouraging to you.

I also like to include some family funnies, travels, and memories. Enjoy!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

This pie recipe was a 1st prize winning recipe at our Fall Fest this year!!!
Woohoo.
Every year at Thanksgiving I make a minimum of 8 pies.
Yep!
I like to imagine myself as Martha Stewart for a day. :)

Since I make so many,
I usually try to make 1 or 2 new recipes every year.
And since our church's Fall Festival was this past weekend,
I decided to try the new recipe a few weeks early!

You are going  LOOOOVE this pie!

I adapted the recipe from a cheesecake recipe,
and it turned out perfectly to make 2 pies.
{When entering a contest, make sure to have a back up-
just in case something doesn't work out...
or like us, so you get to devour your hard work afterwards! }

As a side note, this is not a "beginner level" pie. Sorry.
And you need to prepare this pie about 24 hours ahead of time.

Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

Pumpkin Cheesecake:
Ingredients:
-1 extra large graham cracker crust, or deep dish pie shell
   (**bake pie shell for 6 min. in 350 degree oven**)
-12 oz  cream cheese
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 white sugar
-3 large eggs
-1 cup solid-pack pumpkin, canned
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon*
-1/2 tsp. nutmeg*
-1/4 tsp. cloves*
-1/4 tsp. allspice*
* or use 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
-1/2 cup heavy cream


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugars and blend. Scrape bowl with a plastic spatula to avoid lumps. Add eggs, one at a time, blend in and scrape the bowl after each addition. Blend in pumpkin and spices. Blend in heavy cream. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center just sets. Cool. Chill.

Chocolate Mousse:
Ingredients:
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
-3 egg yolks
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 tbsp. water

Directions:
Whip heavy cream to medium peak. Set aside. Melt chocolate over double boiler. Set aside. Whip yolks until pale. Boil sugar and water to 245 F. (If you do not have a candy thermometer, use a teaspoon to spoon out some of the syrup and drop it into ice water. A soft ball of sugar should form in the ice water.) Pour the hot sugar into the yolks while whipping, and continue whipping to cool. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the cooled yolk mixture. Add the chocolate. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream. Pour on top of the pumpkin cheesecake and freeze for 24 hours.

Ganache:
Ingredients:
-1/4 cup heavy cream
-4 tbsp. unsalted butter
-1/2 cup+ semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions:
In a small saucepot, bring the cream and butter to a boil. Pour over chopped chocolate, and stir until smooth.
Refrigerate until serving time.
The only picture I have of me getting my blue ribbon. :)

Added to:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!

3 comments:

Lady D said...

Finally a picture of the pie!!It looks extra yummy!

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Ooo! This looks so decadent and delicious! I'm getting hungry :)

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing!!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails